Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Apology to the Forum

Apology to the Forum

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:58 pm
Cheeky

Default Apology to the Forum

I would just like to make a formal apology to all those I may have caused any upset over the last couple of weeks, re the pub threads.

I have made the decision to leave the forum as I dont feel I am worthy to be a member anymore.

Im sorry to those who I have hurt the most (you know who you are) and I hope you can forgive me.

I am guilty of using the forum as a chat room which is something I should not have done.

I hope you can all accept my apology and move forward. I dont want any sympathy, I am adult enough to stand for my actions. Please dont be 'hanging any keyboards up' it is the ones who are out there who are valuable to this forum.

I wish everyone applying for visas all the best of luck,
I am sorry,
Karen
xx

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Apology to the Forum

Can it not be that nobody leaves the forum?

I have made apologies, as have others (Cheeky and Ang to date).

Can others not accept these apologies please?

Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 2:06 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

I dont know what happend but get over it guys - cant be that serious - its the internet you know?
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 2:53 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt read the thread so dont really know the content. Pretty sure you started it in good faith though.

Relax with all this leaving the forum and hanging up keyboard reactionary attitude (not just you).

As regards using the forum as a chat room - Over the year and a half that I have been a member there has been many many many threads that turned in to conversations between just two or more people.Talking about things / events that only makes sense to them =>to the exclusion of other members.And I have to stress this has happened before during and after newer menbers joined!!

Stay on board . To the best of my knowledge none of your posts offended me (and I am very easy to offend)

And if there is a post or a thread or user you are not happy with IGNORE them. You dont have to face them or are likely to so just ignore their existance.

Last edited by seang; Jan 3rd 2005 at 2:57 pm. Reason: my grammer is rubbish
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you need to apologise to anyone Cheeky.

As far as I am concerned most of the trouble on this site recently has been caused by one persistent troublemaker who has been banned under many names and who, I suspect, is still around.
I certainly do not intend to apologise for anything I may have said recently and don't much care what anyone thinks of that.

G
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:08 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
I would just like to make a formal apology to all those I may have caused any upset over the last couple of weeks, re the pub threads.

I have made the decision to leave the forum as I dont feel I am worthy to be a member anymore.

Im sorry to those who I have hurt the most (you know who you are) and I hope you can forgive me.

I am guilty of using the forum as a chat room which is something I should not have done.

I hope you can all accept my apology and move forward. I dont want any sympathy, I am adult enough to stand for my actions. Please dont be 'hanging any keyboards up' it is the ones who are out there who are valuable to this forum.

I am sorry,
Karen
xx
Cheeky.. (Karen)....

Formal apology?!??! Why???

You started The Cheeky Pub as a light harted bit of banter in the run up to, and over the Festive Season.

It has been one thread on a forum of many threads. Certain people, (and you know who you are!) with no sense of humour, posted, moaning about why it's not what the forum is for!

Well, for the wonderful world of the hard of thinking, here's what you should have done....... Stop clicking on the thread!!
If it bothered you so much, stop looking at it... Basic common sense!

There are loads of threads on this forum, where people are asking for advice about all sorts of stuff relating to Oz & NZ. If I know the answer, I try to give it my best shot to help people out.

But let's not get anal about the whole forum. It also exists to give the members a chance to have a bit of freindly chat with each other. Most of us have never even met, but feel we know a bit about each others personality through our posts. The Cheeky Pub was, and is, a way to express that friendliness. It isn't a clique. I've only posted on here 236 times & I have had a great laugh in The Cheeky Pub...

Cheeky... To my knowledge you've never posted anything offensive on this forum in your life. It's the sad idiots who took a cheap shot at you who should hang their heads in shame, not you!

Keep posting..... We'll all miss you if you don't.....
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:08 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cheeky

I to wish that you wouldn't leave.
It should be that we all just forgive and foget and get on with a new year and start afresh. Nothing was meant but think it all got out of hand.
I have apologised to a couple of posts and don't know if they have been accepted yet.
I was only stickin up for what I thought was right and my opinions but I will have to keep them to myself in future.

OK mate, hand in there and ston on if u want to chat we will be on msn
Take care
Ang
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scossie
Cheeky.. (Karen)....

Formal apology?!??! Why???

You started The Cheeky Pub as a light harted bit of banter in the run up to, and over the Festive Season.

It has been one thread on a forum of many threads. Certain people, (and you know who you are!) with no sense of humour, posted, moaning about why it's not what the forum is for!

Well, for the wonderful world of the hard of thinking, here's what you should have done....... Stop clicking on the thread!!
If it bothered you so much, stop looking at it... Basic common sense!

There are loads of threads on this forum, where people are asking for advice about all sorts of stuff relating to Oz & NZ. If I know the answer, I try to give it my best shot to help people out.

But let's not get anal about the whole forum. It also exists to give the members a chance to have a bit of freindly chat with each other. Most of us have never even met, but feel we know a bit about each others personality through our posts. The Cheeky Pub was, and is, a way to express that friendliness. It isn't a clique. I've only posted on here 236 times & I have had a great laugh in The Cheeky Pub...

Cheeky... To my knowledge you've never posted anything offensive on this forum in your life. It's the sad idiots who took a cheap shot at you who should hang their heads in shame, not you!

Keep posting..... We'll all miss you if you don't.....

Well said
Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:23 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Well said
Cas
Cheers Cas...

Had to be said.....

Good luck with the, "Visa Gods", tomorrow.

Cheers.... John....
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:28 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate,

Chin up, chuck!

I completely agree with Cas, John and Grayling. Most of the posters are here simply to find (and offer) support to other people. Being such a large forum, however, there are always going to be similarly-minded people/groups you identify with and those you don't. People don't have to read everything- they can choose to ignore posts and threads.

Some of us have appreciated the opportunity to let off steam in one place (thread) over Christmas and have read no more into it than that. After all, over 28,000 threads (332,000 odd posts) won't all contain 'help' - some will be more chatty. And, personally speaking, I think that can be supportive and welcome.

You genuinely offer help, advice and support and that doesn't deserve to be driven out by anyone.

Have sent you a PM.

Nichola
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:30 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Well said
Cas
Ditto...
i want to know where these nasty PM's were coming from cos it wasn't me
I was the one that upset Mrs Sherkhan

Ang
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Ditto...
i want to know where these nasty PM's were coming from cos it wasn't me
I was the one that upset Mrs Sherkhan

Ang
These are the things that do not get seen by everyone but add to the general unpleasantness.

G
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Scossie
Cheers Cas...

Had to be said.....

Good luck with the, "Visa Gods", tomorrow.

Cheers.... John....
Thanks

Cas x
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cheeky

I am sorry,
Karen
xx

Hello karen,

We don't know whats happened but it's your decision either way (have a good think though) and good luck when you get to Perth.

dave and samantha

ps.we was suprised not to see you and mick at the meet last night maybe you could at least come to the next one.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

No need to apologise Cheeky, have PMd you. Logan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.