Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old May 7th 2009, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

[QUOTE=millsey;7545745]cant do this sunday mothers day
so how about next sunday 17th may
is that cool with everyone[/QUOTE

That's okay with us say about 1.30 ish...if anyone got any camp chairs please bring them too. I suggest bring and share snacks/drinks.

Will PM directions to those of u that are coming in the next day or so.

Shari

Last edited by Shari68; May 7th 2009 at 4:14 am.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hi Millsey,

Ian off for next 3 weekends which is a change!! if anyone is interested we could do a meet at ours....snacks/drinks BYO and plenty of space for kids to play as long as the weather good, let us know ??
Hi Shari

Next Sunday sounds good, as I will be celebrating my birthday this weekend.

Talk to you soon

Siobhan
Old May 7th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

happy b day

Originally Posted by the murrays
Hi Shari

Talk to you soon

Siobhan
Old May 8th 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Rosser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hey Guys,

Just had to share the good news after 9 months we have finally sold our house in the UK. I was really beginning to think we were in it for the long haul!!! it is such a relief now though, all that waiting has paid off!

Shari
Congratulations.
Old May 9th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi Shari

Talk to you soon

Siobhan

Happy Birthday missus, dont drink too much lol. See ya next weekend, By the way we finally get the keys for the rental next Friday and we should get our stuff either Friday or start of following week So when we are organised you guys can come to us for a sausage sizzle lol!!!!

Gillian
Old May 9th 2009, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosser
Congratulations.
This was an old post Paul, no such luck yet.
Old May 9th 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi Shari

Talk to you soon

Siobhan

Have a great day Siobhan! 21 again ???
Old May 9th 2009, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by markandgill
Happy Birthday missus, dont drink too much lol. See ya next weekend, By the way we finally get the keys for the rental next Friday and we should get our stuff either Friday or start of following week So when we are organised you guys can come to us for a sausage sizzle lol!!!!

Gillian
Thats good news, it will be good when you get settled in your own place.
Hows Mark getting on?

Look forward to the sausage sizzle!

Happy Mothers day
Siobhan
Old May 9th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!
Hope all the mothers are getting sploit today!

Happy Mothers day girls!
Siobhan
Old May 9th 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Thats good news, it will be good when you get settled in your own place.
Hows Mark getting on?

Look forward to the sausage sizzle!

Happy Mothers day
Siobhan
Happy Mothers Day to you too .

Mark has just a couple more pages of his work books to do, so he is hoping to get to Adelaide in a couple of weeks to sit his exams. One of the electrical contractors he left his cv into last week rang him on Friday and is really keen, he said Mark can work with a restricted permit, so he is applying for that aswell, so fingers crossed he will get something soon enough.

Gillian
Old May 22nd 2009, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone

Need a bit of advice from you all!!! I am looking to get us registered with a Doctor and not really sure what is the best option..... I rang one up and they are charging $50 each for an initial consult...... do you know if this can be claimed back from medicare.... also my aunt in Sydney told me to go to a dr that did bulk billing, but im not sure what this is, can any of you reccomend any doctors or give me some advice on what is best to do.

Thanks

Gill
Old May 24th 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi everyone

Need a bit of advice from you all!!! I am looking to get us registered with a Doctor and not really sure what is the best option..... I rang one up and they are charging $50 each for an initial consult...... do you know if this can be claimed back from medicare.... also my aunt in Sydney told me to go to a dr that did bulk billing, but im not sure what this is, can any of you reccomend any doctors or give me some advice on what is best to do.

Thanks

Gill
Hi Gill,

Bulk billing is a payment option under the Medicare system of universal health insurance in Australia. The health service provider, usually a Doctor is paid 85% of the scheduled fee directly by the government by billing the patient via their Medicare card. The service provider receives only 85% of the scheduled fee, but avoids the costs and risks of billing and debt collection—it could be described as a form of factoring.

The alternative to bulk billing is for the service provider to collect the fee directly from the patient (there is no restriction on this fee and it is determined by the provider). In order to claim the Medicare rebate, the patient then has to visit a Medicare office, fill out a claim form (for unpaid claims, and claims where cash is not being refunded) and claim 85% of the scheduled fee from the government (100% for general practitioner services).[1]

You will be able to claim back the $50 but, you will have to pay it first then claim it back from medicare. Bulk Billing drs will be less hassle in this way as they claim direct. some opticians bulk bill too not sure how much you can claim back though. I only wish the dentists were like this.

I use the drs in Hinkler no problems so far and not bad on getting appointments on the same day. Though you may want one nearer were you living,j ust ring around a few to find out who is taking on new patients.

shari
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

how is everyone

might be an idea to get together soon

speak soon
Old Jul 11th 2009, 12:01 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hi everyone, god i have been crap getting on here lately. i hope everyone is good and promise to check in and see when the next meet is, there must be one coming up soon
let me know
bec
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

meldra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
This is the most extensive thread I have found about/from people in Bundaberg! We currently live in just south of Perth, WA, and are thinking of moving to Bundy next year but would like to know how you find it. I'm thinking of things like facilities for young families (we have a 2 and 4 year old), finding jobs, cost of living, clubs, making friends, etc.

I would really appreciate any comments (I didn't read all 60 pages of the thread!) I read the early comments where people were really excited about moving but would be keen to know how you feel after things have settled down a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.