Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone keeping an eye on the exchange rates?

anyone keeping an eye on the exchange rates?

Old May 7th 2004, 5:23 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by debsy
yipee 2.49 at the mo. Looks like we will have to exchange with hsbc as I cannot get on the hifx wesbite.

Oooopppsss, I checked first and then looked at this site

Still 2.49119 at the moment
Old May 7th 2004, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by mlbonner
Oooopppsss, I checked first and then looked at this site

Still 2.49119 at the moment
Mlb - you are up early
I am going to wait until the uk markets open and i am hoping for 2.5

keep your fingers crossed!!!
Old May 7th 2004, 6:08 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mlb - you are up early

Debs, Ive just seen the 1st post in this thread ..... are you really going to be out here in Sept?
Old May 7th 2004, 6:29 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Mlb - you are up early

I know!!! Had to take my brother to the airport

Yeah, I'll check at work on todays current rate - all fingers crossed
Old May 7th 2004, 7:26 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mlbonner
I know!!! Had to take my brother to the airport

Yeah, I'll check at work on todays current rate - all fingers crossed
Hi debsy/mlbonner

Have been reading this thread over the last few days, decided to change my ££££ this morning with HIFX managed to get $2.4715, I am quite happy with that considering we were going to change it several months ago when it was $2.32! Good luck to you all that are ready to sell, wot a nerve racking time. Fingers crossed Debs all goes well.

A very excited/nervous Lisa x
Old May 7th 2004, 7:59 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Deb, it's currently at 2.4953. Told you to wait! It hit a high this morning of 2.5003

Last edited by SteveBannister; May 7th 2004 at 8:01 am.
Old May 7th 2004, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point

wouldn't it be nice to see 2.6 in the next few days, just fuelled by the interest rate rise?
does anyone know whether a rise in int rate is due in OZ?

cheers
Attached Thumbnails anyone keeping an eye on the exchange rates?-p.png  
Old May 7th 2004, 12:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunny spells
wouldn't it be nice to see 2.6 in the next few days, just fuelled by the interest rate rise?
does anyone know whether a rise in int rate is due in OZ?

cheers
Crept up just over 2.50 at lunchtime. Still climbing by the looks.
Old May 7th 2004, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh.... what if it crept up to 3.0 when we come to exchange!!! You can but dream Oooh, then there could be a house price crash in Perth (temporary of course, wouldn't want the whole economy to go downhill for moi) Where's me rose tinted specs gone?
Old May 7th 2004, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

mercedes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

could you put the link on so that I can keep an eye on the rates - there are so many different ones , I don't know which are worth looking at !!

cheers
Old May 7th 2004, 12:22 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mercedes1
could you put the link on so that I can keep an eye on the rates - there are so many different ones , I don't know which are worth looking at !!

cheers
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/m5?s=GBP&t=AUD&a=100&c=1
Old May 7th 2004, 12:23 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Larissa
Ooooh.... what if it crept up to 3.0 when we come to exchange!!! You can but dream Oooh, then there could be a house price crash in Perth (temporary of course, wouldn't want the whole economy to go downhill for moi) Where's me rose tinted specs gone?
larissa, going by the jarvis luck method of prediction, the exchange rate will start to fall to a record all time low of $0.1 to the £ over the next few months. However once my house has sold and i exchange at the all time low rate it will shoot up to a record high of $100+ to the £. what i'd do is hang on until my house is sold and i've transferred my money over.

(please note this is the not a prediction based on any fact but my own insights, so anyone reading this and taking it seriously should have been shot at birth. thank you!)
Old May 7th 2004, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

well i wasnt too sure on what to do when i first come out to auz so i changed up half my money last november and got a rate of 2.38 and i have just changed to other half today and got a rate of 2.48 so i only lost a bit on half the money and not all of it

hedge it my old son
Old May 7th 2004, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point
Default here we go

hold on tight folcks....
Attached Thumbnails anyone keeping an eye on the exchange rates?-p.png  
Old May 7th 2004, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

mercedes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.