Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:35 pm
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hiya

We are Sarah, Don, Josh, Mitchell & Harvey, living in Pimlico Hemel Hempstead with my mother & father in law, until we leave on 20th Aug for Gold Coast.

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Gosh you are very near us! I gather you've already shipped your stuff if you are living with the in-laws. We're shipping our stuff in about 6 weeks which means we will have 8 weeks living without furniture

The Gold Coast is lovely. We were there last year.
Wish you all the best with your trip.

Debs
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I am currently in lancashire but was born and raised in Hatfield. My parents and brother are still in WGC. I am plannign to head to WA, Bunbury i think. My elder brother lives in Perth along with half of his mates form Hatfield School in Travellers Lane
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sue, long time no talk. Bummer with the house but at least it seems it's happening. Hope you guys are well, shame about your son but I guess they up and go at some point and he may come and join you hopefully.

We're all good thanks. Damned cold but it won't last too much longer . All very happy which is the main thing
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:06 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi
I am currently in lancashire but was born and raised in Hatfield. My parents and brother are still in WGC. I am plannign to head to WA, Bunbury i think. My elder brother lives in Perth along with half of his mates form Hatfield School in Travellers Lane
OH and I were born and bred in WGC, now in sunny (it's peeing down ) Secret Harbour, WA.

It can be done; there is light at the end of the tunnel.....

Good luck!

Jules x
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by julesandco
OH and I were born and bred in WGC, now in sunny (it's peeing down ) Secret Harbour, WA.

It can be done; there is light at the end of the tunnel.....

Good luck!

Jules x
Jules

You`re not a friend of Mel and Frank in Chiswell Green are you, just a long shot but you never know

Mick
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:47 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DJC
Hello Helen,

We are from Hemel Hempstead, so practically neighbours!
We are sadly going to be leaving our grown up son here. He has lots of friends here and doesn't want to start all over again somewhere else.
Our application took getting on for two years, but we did a lot of procrastinating during that time. Employer nominated is much quicker I expect.
Thanks for the tip about Aussie move internet site, I'll look at the reccies next time I'm feeling wobbly about it all.
Get in touch any time if you have any questions, I might have already
stumbled across the answer during my own digging excercise.

Debs
I moved to Perth about 5 years ago from Hemel (Boxmoor), well thats where I grew up, but for the last couple before coming here I worked in WGC and lived in Little Berkhampsted just outside Hertford.
Its a Small world!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:04 am
Just Joined

shani is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

Hi - We live in Brisbane - used to live in Pinner and the girls went to St Joan of Arc School. Where abouts are you coming too

Shani
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

kegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nice

Yessss.. we are. Off to Sunshine Coast in about eight week's time on a Business Owner Visa (self, husband and four year old). Currently in (very rainy) Aldbury, near Berkhamsted. I'd so like to enjoy the last few weeks here, but there is just too much to do. It feels a bit like when I started my maternity leave, and read all the books telling me how I could spend the final weeks before the baby was born - chilling out, visiting friends, doing all the things I wasn't going to be doing again for a while. But I can already see it whizzing past in a blur of removal boxes, dealing with officialdom and yet another car boot sale. Where did/are all the rest of you getting rid of those things that aren't quite ebayable but not worth dragging 12,000 miles? My tip for keeping sane ... every day we sit down, have a drink and remember why we're doing it all. It always works (so far). But it helps if the drink has bubbles in it!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:16 am
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by steve99
I moved to Perth about 5 years ago from Hemel (Boxmoor), well thats where I grew up, but for the last couple before coming here I worked in WGC and lived in Little Berkhampsted just outside Hertford.
Its a Small world!
Hello Steve!!!
I am in Warners End just up the road from Boxmoor. My OH grew up in Chaulden. Very small world isn't it. How does Perth compare to Hemel? Favourably I hope!!

Debs
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:51 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DJC
Hello Steve!!!
I am in Warners End just up the road from Boxmoor. My OH grew up in Chaulden. Very small world isn't it. How does Perth compare to Hemel? Favourably I hope!!

Debs
I went to Cavendish School!
Its a bit hard to compare really! Im one of the Pro Perth Club on here
Utopia doesnt exist, but this place ticks a lot of boxes and as allround lifestyle/location/work/opportunity type balance cant be beat in Australia (IMO)
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:09 am
DJC
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve99
I went to Cavendish School!
Its a bit hard to compare really! Im one of the Pro Perth Club on here
Utopia doesnt exist, but this place ticks a lot of boxes and as allround lifestyle/location/work/opportunity type balance cant be beat in Australia (IMO)
So did I!!!!! I was there during the time when Mr Mann was the headmaster. I was there from 1971 to 1978. I think it's changed a lot in the years since. When were you at Cavendish? (you'll be giving away your age!)
We've been to Perth a few times and felt quite at home there each time (more so than in other parts of Aus).
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:41 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kegsta
Currently in (very rainy) Aldbury, near Berkhamsted.

Aldbury is beautiful - the kids all went on school trips there from St Albans.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

kegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nice

Originally Posted by sme
Aldbury is beautiful - the kids all went on school trips there from St Albans.
yes, it's the quintessential English village. And even in this miserable weather it still has charm. Apparently we're about to get 2 months worth of rain in the next 24 hours... But Noosa will be nicer I'm sure...
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:37 pm
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

goat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kegsta
yes, it's the quintessential English village. And even in this miserable weather it still has charm. Apparently we're about to get 2 months worth of rain in the next 24 hours... But Noosa will be nicer I'm sure...
Hi ! I am from St.Albans (the missus & I live in Dublin) she is from Mayo, I'm from an Irish family.

We are (hopefully) going to Brisbane by Xmas ...... waiting on a case officer!

We would fly over to S'norbins for a meet if there was one on soon!!

Best of luck with the visas everyone !
Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi guys

Hows it going, Claire was just saying the other day she wondered whether you had gone or were still around, and as you are it means we arent alone

When do you reckon you will go?

Mick
Hi mick

Hopefully be off sep oct time house has just fallen through due to messers, it is really stressfull, how about you

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.