Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:49 am
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

Hi,

My OH and myself are moving out to Aus later this year and wonder if there are any other families from our part of the UK moving out.

I am just beginning to get the jitters about moving, and am panicking about renting out the house etc. and worried about what agent to use.
It would be good to hear from others about how they are coping with the countdown to move day. And any tips and advise on how to quell the rising panic would be gratefully received!

Debs
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone From Hertfordshire going to Aus?

There's a few of us here already. Don't know about others coming out, - oh hang ten yes there is Sue is going to Perth. Have a look on the meet up site. There may be a meet coming up.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:18 pm
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There's a few of us here already. Don't know about others coming out, - oh hang ten yes there is Sue is going to Perth. Have a look on the meet up site. There may be a meet coming up.
Thanks Moneypen,
I'll do that. I too am going to Perth. Would be nice to know a few people before we get there!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:19 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DJC
Thanks Moneypen,
I'll do that. I too am going to Perth. Would be nice to know a few people before we get there!
MickAgnew is in St albans and is off to Perth
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

helenwilson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DJC
Hi,

My OH and myself are moving out to Aus later this year and wonder if there are any other families from our part of the UK moving out.

I am just beginning to get the jitters about moving, and am panicking about renting out the house etc. and worried about what agent to use.
It would be good to hear from others about how they are coping with the countdown to move day. And any tips and advise on how to quell the rising panic would be gratefully received!

Debs
Hi, we are in Watford, Hertfordshire and just in the process of putting in my OH skills assessment, he's applying via the employer nominated scheme,so along way to go yet. Sounds as if you already have your visa in place. Can't help you with your nerves. I feel sick everytime I think of the huge move we are hoping to take. Do you have children who are going with you? How long did it take your application to go through?

If I start to get cold feet I start to read other peoples stories once they have got to Australia and mostly they are having a fantastic time. Aussie move (internet site) print reccies of people who have gone over and share their experiences with others.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:03 pm
DJC
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helenwilson
Hi, we are in Watford, Hertfordshire and just in the process of putting in my OH skills assessment, he's applying via the employer nominated scheme,so along way to go yet. Sounds as if you already have your visa in place. Can't help you with your nerves. I feel sick everytime I think of the huge move we are hoping to take. Do you have children who are going with you? How long did it take your application to go through?

If I start to get cold feet I start to read other peoples stories once they have got to Australia and mostly they are having a fantastic time. Aussie move (internet site) print reccies of people who have gone over and share their experiences with others.
Hello Helen,

We are from Hemel Hempstead, so practically neighbours!
We are sadly going to be leaving our grown up son here. He has lots of friends here and doesn't want to start all over again somewhere else.
Our application took getting on for two years, but we did a lot of procrastinating during that time. Employer nominated is much quicker I expect.
Thanks for the tip about Aussie move internet site, I'll look at the reccies next time I'm feeling wobbly about it all.
Get in touch any time if you have any questions, I might have already
stumbled across the answer during my own digging excercise.

Debs
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DJC
Hello Helen,

We are sadly going to be leaving our grown up son here. He has lots of friends here and doesn't want to start all over again somewhere else.
Our application took getting on for two years, but we did a lot of procrastinating during that time. Employer nominated is much quicker I expect.
Thanks for the tip about Aussie move internet site, I'll look at the reccies next time I'm feeling wobbly about it all.

Debs
Hi Debs

As the lovely SME has already said myself, the missus and 2 little uns are going to perth hopefully in th very near future, we are also leaving behind 2 grown up kids from other hafs first marraige so she will know how you feel.

There are already some in Perth from this area and we hpoe to join them when the house sells, will probably be Oct now, but as they say it will be what it will be.

We arranged a couple of meets at the Moor Mill in radlett last year as we are only in St Albans which we had apx 50 people come to both, all of whom are now there with us being the last. I was going to organise another but now have to concentrate on getting there when I am going to organise one for the thread thats going on all those heading to perth in next 2 - 3 months, there are lots and you should add your name.

Back to SME who is there and organised a meet in Kings Park when we were on our reccie, she is from London Colney, and very friendly

As for nerves I am starting to get very nervous but what the hell you`ve got to go for it.

If you want any more info or whatever PM me

Regards

Mick
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:44 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi Debs

As the lovely SME has already said myself, the missus and 2 little uns are going to perth hopefully in th very near future, we are also leaving behind 2 grown up kids from other hafs first marraige so she will know how you feel.

There are already some in Perth from this area and we hpoe to join them when the house sells, will probably be Oct now, but as they say it will be what it will be.

We arranged a couple of meets at the Moor Mill in radlett last year as we are only in St Albans which we had apx 50 people come to both, all of whom are now there with us being the last. I was going to organise another but now have to concentrate on getting there when I am going to organise one for the thread thats going on all those heading to perth in next 2 - 3 months, there are lots and you should add your name.

Back to SME who is there and organised a meet in Kings Park when we were on our reccie, she is from London Colney, and very friendly

As for nerves I am starting to get very nervous but what the hell you`ve got to go for it.

Regards

Mick
Hello there Mick,
Hows Clare and the brood ?
23 degrees today and its winter (we are getting rain tomorrow though!)
Missing St Albans a tiny bit
Gillian
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
Hello there Mick,
Hows Clare and the brood ?
23 degrees today and its winter (we are getting rain tomorrow though!)
Missing St Albans a tiny bit
Gillian
Hi Sme

Thanks for the PM by the way, was gonna answer earlier so might as well do it the open so as to speak.

Everyone at this end is fine and now finished the house and just waiting to get the last carpet and wood flooring down next week ready to sell, fingers crossed.

Must admit to feeling a little nervous now its all getting closer, dont usually do panic either, but hey I suppose its normal.

Are you really missing St Albans and why? Hows the old man and the kids, especially teenage angst, worries me abit about Josh as hes starting to get a bit more grown up and any longer and he wont want to go.

Also been reading about lots of people coming back from Perth! Gets a bit worrying, are they just homesick, I suppose as they say horses for courses, what do you miss?

Hows the house by the way, is all good there.

Mick
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:13 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Hi Sme

Thanks for the PM by the way, was gonna answer earlier so might as well do it the open so as to speak.

Everyone at this end is fine and now finished the house and just waiting to get the last carpet and wood flooring down next week ready to sell, fingers crossed.

Must admit to feeling a little nervous now its all getting closer, dont usually do panic either, but hey I suppose its normal.

Are you really missing St Albans and why? Hows the old man and the kids, especially teenage angst, worries me abit about Josh as hes starting to get a bit more grown up and any longer and he wont want to go.

Also been reading about lots of people coming back from Perth! Gets a bit worrying, are they just homesick, I suppose as they say horses for courses, what do you miss?

Hows the house by the way, is all good there.

Mick
I think that there seems to be alot of people coming back because alot of people come to Perth - does that make sense ? I've met many very settled Poms here (phew).
I know what you mean about teenage angst but its all been good with Cara regarding settling - we argue all the time but its a teenage thing rather than an emigration thing ! Josh will be cool here he enjoys sport- masses of clubs for every sport known to man, woman and beast. The littleuns just love it - the most they can come up with when you ask them what they miss is snow at Christmas! and Westminister Lodge !
I got very nervous just before we left and was ready to pull the plug the night before we left but its been a wonderful ride and we are still enjoying the benefits Perth give us.
The house is great - still a sand pit but with a pool !
Hows Clare coping with it all ?
Hope to speak soon.
Good luck with the house sale .
Gillian
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DJC
Hello Helen,

Debs
Hi DJC

We are off to perth very soon but saying that one of the people in our chain has messed around so im not so sure when now, we are also leaving a 17 yr old boy behind, his decision, all about friends etc.

another hertfordshire meet would be good.

Hi moneypen and mickagnew how are you all, on expats all the time but dont post much.

sue and mick
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:57 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Hiya

We are Sarah, Don, Josh, Mitchell & Harvey, living in Pimlico Hemel Hempstead with my mother & father in law, until we leave on 20th Aug for Gold Coast.

Sarah
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi DJC

We are off to perth very soon but saying that one of the people in our chain has messed around so im not so sure when now, we are also leaving a 17 yr old boy behind, his decision, all about friends etc.

Hi moneypen and mickagnew how are you all, on expats all the time but dont post much.

sue and mick

Hi guys

Hows it going, Claire was just saying the other day she wondered whether you had gone or were still around, and as you are it means we arent alone

When do you reckon you will go?

Mick
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:23 pm
DJC
Forum Regular

Hi Debs

Regards

Mick

Hi Mick and family,

We're due to be out there early November so we will be Newbies together!!
It's going to be tough leaving our son but we hope he'll visit as often as he can and we'll come home every other year if we can.
I hope all goes will with your house sale.

If you get around to sorting out a meet in Herts we'd be interested in coming along.

Debs
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:26 pm
DJC
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi DJC

sue and mick
Hello Sue and Mick,

Hope you get your house sale sorted. What a worry. So you also know what it's like to be leaving a son behind. Really distressing. But I'm hoping (and I'm sure you feel the same) that my one will one day make the move.

How soon will you be in Perth? Any thoughts on what part you are going to?

Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.