Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone here originally from Devon?

Anyone here originally from Devon?

Old May 28th 2004, 5:52 am
Die Hard Freo Fan

Simmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey back.....
I now live in one of Perth's northern suburbs called Iluka, the names don't ring a bell with me. Yes I too have spent many a night out in Torquay...I actually used to work at night at Ritzy's the niteclub and 5th Avenue before that, and during the daytime worked for Torex Hire....those names ring a bell.
Simmo
Old May 28th 2004, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi again

I know Peter, Simmo, my daughter is in one of his daughters classes at school, i see his wife Yvonne every day. And I also know Mark Lidstone, Deb although don't see so much of him now he has "settled" down.

My shop used to be Strides in Island Street and I used to be called Yeoman that's who you would know me as if anythong, Yeoman plumbers used to be my in laws. What about you Deb whats your surname?

The weather is still good here at mo but true to form is about to rain for bank holiday weekend. Then they can't say when we are going to get sun back.

Ican understand you miss your mates but I'm sure you'll make new ones soon, you'll never forget the old ones, you just move on. I moved to Devon from Luton and had a very large group of friends there, it took me a couple of years to get used to living in Devon, believe it or not I really missed Luton, I don't miss it at all now. I remained friends with a few from there and we still keep in contact but have lots of new friends here. Yes, I'll miss them, I don't doubt that, but not as much as I would regret not giving this a damn good go as we have thought about this for years.

Speak soon

Lindsey
Old May 28th 2004, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of

Hiya!

Yeah i remember strides, also yeomans , theres a fair few of em though lol!

Bill yeoman is one i remember most. I love it here Lyndsey, miss Devon, but most of all my buds in Essex , where i have lived for last 6 yrs.

Its early days yet, so sure i will be fine.

Do you remember Boris and Dale Came? Funny that Lidders is settled down! He was my hubbys mate. Did you ever know Colin Meads? Thats my Hubby. He used to work in Ceramet on island street alongside, midge and Bill Jago, Bryony and Karen Box , Mark Furness i think too!

you know any of these?

lol x

Old May 28th 2004, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of

Hi Lyndsey,

forgot to answer your question.

My surname was Leete, then Bond, now Meads!

I'm daughter of sed Tony Leete, carpenter and joiner, lol!

You may remember my sis, Belinda Leete, used to work in Nicholas Hair and Beauty.

Cya!