Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone here originally from Devon?

Anyone here originally from Devon?

Old May 26th 2004, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of
Default Anyone here originally from Devon?

Hiya,

I see looking from the list of users that there are other peeps with nicknames realating to Devon! Anyone from South Devon? I'm from Salcombe if that rings a bell with anyone.
Old May 27th 2004, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, m'dear

I be from Plymouth.
Old May 27th 2004, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of

Hiya!

so how long you been in oz? I only been here in NZ 3mnths.

Where abouts in Plymouth? I went to college there, used to stay in digs there. You know of Salcombe?

Would you ever go back to lovely Devon or UK? What made you leave? Soz about all the questions , but am homesick and wonderingif it goes after a while!

Deb
Old May 27th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by devonchick
Hiya!

so how long you been in oz? I only been here in NZ 3mnths.

Where abouts in Plymouth? I went to college there, used to stay in digs there. You know of Salcombe?

Would you ever go back to lovely Devon or UK? What made you leave? Soz about all the questions , but am homesick and wonderingif it goes after a while!

Deb
Hi Deb,
Sorry your feeling homesick but I believe it's something we all go through and I'm sure my time will come! We've been here in Perth since 24th February and are about to move into our new home next week. 3 months in rented accommodation is enough for me.
I use to live in Crownhill. I don't know Salcombe that well. Only been there a couple of times but it seemed a really lovely place. Not surpised you miss it.
Where are you living in NZ. We had a fantastic holiday there in 1997.

Mary
Old May 27th 2004, 1:02 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone here originally from Devon?

Hiya,

I see looking from the list of users that there are other peeps with nicknames realating to Devon! Anyone from South Devon? I'm from Salcombe if that rings a bell with anyone.

I'm not 'from' Devon, but I used to live in Torquay (lovely place). Went to school in Newton Abbot....Knowles Hill G.S.
Old May 27th 2004, 3:10 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Devon girl also. Plymouth. But I left there when I was 5. I still have a lot of family there
Old May 27th 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Hiya,

Yup, I'm from Plymouth too.
Old May 27th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

Hi Deb

Kingsbridge................ and still there but hopefully not for long, how long have you been in Australia. I know Salcombe fairly well, used to have a shop there.

Lindsey
Old May 27th 2004, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by lindseyden
Hi Deb

Kingsbridge................ and still there but hopefully not for long, how long have you been in Australia. I know Salcombe fairly well, used to have a shop there.

Lindsey
Ooops!! Silly me, you're not in Australia, so how long have you been in NZ

Lindsey
Old May 27th 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wow! Kingsbridge?

I grew up in Salcombe and lived in Kingsbridge for 2 years! Went to kingsbridge secondary school too!

Which shop did you have?

Whats your surname then, may know you!

I moved out to NZ 12 weeks ago! But before that had moved to essex pevious 6 yrs, but came home to kingsbridge each year!

So where are you hoping to move to? And why?

You sure you wanna do it, as its very tough, I so miss my mates!

Deb x
Old May 27th 2004, 9:36 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not originally 'from' Devon but lived there from the age of 11 until I got married at 19. I lived in North Devon tho....Ilfracombe to be precise!! Had many a great night out there!!!!
Old May 27th 2004, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

I'm not from Devon but I'm nearby....Looe in Cornwall. You're all making me homesick! Despite the fact that I know it rains and is very rarely sunny in Looe they are having a bit of a heat wave there at the mo! 22 degrees and bright sunshine whereas here in Melbourne its been peeing it down all week. Its making me think of the green rolling hills and the lovely countryside and the seaside.........need a reality check!
Old May 28th 2004, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lol!

Iv'e really started something now haven't I !

Yeps I know Looe, i'm half cornish and half Devonian! My family from Week st Mary and Truro and loads of other small little villages!

No-one wants to go home then! lol! I shall take heed of what you say, i'm sure i will settle , but early days yet i guess!

Feels loik i's gone maize! lol!

Old May 28th 2004, 3:00 am
Die Hard Freo Fan

Simmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Devon as well

Hi Devonchick
I was originally from Paignton, lived there and Torquay for most of my life until I moved over here 8 years ago. I know Salcombe fairly well as I used to Play Rugby for Paignton and so from 10 years old played regularly in Salcombe and all over Devon and Cornwall over the years that I played. I loved Devon, but I'm afraid that I don't miss it at all now, I have never been to NZ but I'm sure it is a lovely place. Don't suppose you knew Peter Bastin who played for Salcombe do you?????
Simmo
Old May 28th 2004, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey !

The name rings a bell, but cant put a face to it! Will ask my hubby, he may know him. You know Tomo? How about Mark Lidstone (lidders) !

My cousins live in Paignton, Churston, mates there and aunty too, so knwo the area quite well! Dun plenty of good nights out round Torquay lol!

Where abouts you living now then?

Deb

They need a cider smiley, still have a cider every night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.