Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Got Retractable Flyscreens??

Anyone Got Retractable Flyscreens??

Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Anyone Got Retractable Flyscreens??

Hi

Got a property with french doors to 3 of the bedrooms and main lounge, doors open outwards and so cannot have screen doors on the outside but have seen a web site that does Retractable Fly Screens. They are like roller blinds that go from side to side and are inside of the door if that makes sense. Has anyone got them and are they any good??
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:06 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Got Retractable Flyscreens??

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

Got a property with french doors to 3 of the bedrooms and main lounge, doors open outwards and so cannot have screen doors on the outside but have seen a web site that does Retractable Fly Screens. They are like roller blinds that go from side to side and are inside of the door if that makes sense. Has anyone got them and are they any good??

I actually will be really interested in hearing any feedback on these as we also have French Doors and have seen a brochure on these screens. They look like quite a good option.

I have to say, cant imagine spending all that money on Bifold doors, even though they are gorgeous...when could you have them open? When you would want to, your house would be a big old bug fest!! Yuck....
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Yes I have had them installed only last month,they are really good but have to say they do take a bit of getting used to.
I have 2 old english sheepdogs they have walked almost through them and they just retract back with no damage,mind you they are not cheap,from memory it cost me $800 which included instalation, that's in Adelaide,I expect you may pay a little more depending where you live.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Yes I have had them installed only last month,they are really good but have to say they do take a bit of getting used to.
I have 2 old english sheepdogs they have walked almost through them and they just retract back with no damage,mind you they are not cheap,from memory it cost me $800 which included instalation, that's in Adelaide,I expect you may pay a little more depending where you live.
is that $800 per window????
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

is that $800 per window????
the $800 was for one set of french doors
Old Nov 21st 2006, 4:26 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

We had them in our last rental on all the patio doors. Much better than the ones we have now. However, you do have to be a bit careful when retracting them as the netting can come out of its housing and get caught up.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Thaks everyone, they are going to do a quote for me

Will let you know the damage!!