Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a link for CV

Anyone got a link for CV

Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone got a link for CV

Hi there,

I am looking to do a CV for my OH and was hoping to do it oz style. Do any of you have any good links to help me with this.
Thanks
Shabee
x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got a link for CV

Theres a blurb for an IT CV on the frontpage of BE, and this is from the ATO website which may be of some use. I used this style format when I sent mine off a little while ago and the agency didn't come back saying anything negative about the layout..

HTH

http://www.ato.gov.au/careers/conten...tm&page=16&H16
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:43 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NikiL
Theres a blurb for an IT CV on the frontpage of BE, and this is from the ATO website which may be of some use. I used this style format when I sent mine off a little while ago and the agency didn't come back saying anything negative about the layout..

HTH

http://www.ato.gov.au/careers/conten...tm&page=16&H16

Just took a look at this and it seems fine. I was in contact with a nice guy from a recruitment agency who completely revamped my husband's CV for FREE!!! Anyway, he emphasised bragging all your accomplishment - and also they are particularly interested in hearing about any Voluntary work you may do.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Just took a look at this and it seems fine. I was in contact with a nice guy from a recruitment agency who completely revamped my husband's CV for FREE!!! Anyway, he emphasised bragging all your accomplishment - and also they are particularly interested in hearing about any Voluntary work you may do.
Can I ask what agency you used please ? by the looks of things im going to have to re-vamp mine up I volunteer every week at my daughter's school so if that help my case a bit then I want to put that on it
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:40 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scarlett1
Can I ask what agency you used please ? by the looks of things im going to have to re-vamp mine up I volunteer every week at my daughter's school so if that help my case a bit then I want to put that on it

I can't remember the agency but I do remember his name.... He was just an employee who took an interest and we got emailing. Just a genuine nice person who wanted to help.

What do you do? I've done lots of CV's up for people and could send you some samples.
Irish Gal
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:42 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

We had my husbands resume as the Australians call it proffesionally done as we sent it to a friend who has his own company in Au but is a britexpat and he suggested we have it done proffesionaly because they have a different layout. he said he didn't want to be rude but it all helps. so we took the plunge this week and had it done , it cost us £54.50 for his resume to be done and it ws done within 24hrs, they dent us a draught through e-mail to have a look at and if we was happy with it we accept it, which we have done as it was very well written, better than i could probably do , well they are the proffesionals after all, anyways it cost us £54 quid but if it gets us into Aus on a sponsorship visa then its £54 well spent i say.
i will put the link up just incase you would like a look

http://www.cvcl.co.uk/

michell
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Juliesmetro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi there,

I am looking to do a CV for my OH and was hoping to do it oz style. Do any of you have any good links to help me with this.
Thanks
Shabee
x
Hi Shabee

I`ve got an example of ausrtalia cv from a nursing agency in melbourne, I can email you it if you want?

Jx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:11 pm
Oh, George.....

Good idea. I have a good one for someone with a clerical/admin background. I've also got one for a Training Administrator (Adult education)
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
I can't remember the agency but I do remember his name.... He was just an employee who took an interest and we got emailing. Just a genuine nice person who wanted to help.

What do you do? I've done lots of CV's up for people and could send you some samples.
Irish Gal
Its nice when someone goes that extra mile to help, im mainly accounts admin, got lots of clerical/secretarial/HR experience aswell, so if you can send me a sample I would be grateful, thanks
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:00 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by Scarlett1
Its nice when someone goes that extra mile to help, im mainly accounts admin, got lots of clerical/secretarial/HR experience aswell, so if you can send me a sample I would be grateful, thanks

You're very welcome. I'll pm you and give you my email address okay
Irish Gal
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

kamrul is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to get a sample resume for Australian job.i have sales / marketing experience.
Plz help me.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Hi all

Resume tends to be shorter, CV tends to have a bit more detail, but really not much difference 'tween the two.

CV template here:
http://www.hireamigrant.com/Resume_template.doc
CV guidelines here:
http://www.hireamigrant.com/Resume_Guidelines.doc

Help yourself!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Here is another blank resume that you may use, it's the format I use for people that I have helped produce a resume for Australia in the past. I have had some good feedback from it, both from people that I have helped and from recruitment companies that I have been in contact with recently.

Hope you find it useful.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
blankresume.doc (39.5 KB, 320 views)