Reload this Page >

Melbounre - Where to live help!

Melbounre - Where to live help!

Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbounre - Where to live help!

Hi all,

Melbourne has now become a viable option for me, and with a final job interview and offer looking likely on sunday, i'm trying to get a heads up on areas to live. Can anyone help? I'm a young 26 YO, like sports wanna be close to the city but also near to a beach or similar so i can do running and stuff. I'll be working in the CBD,

anyone already there, been there, lived there? would really appreciate some info?

thanks
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:59 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbounre - Where to live help!

Originally Posted by moonstaruk
Hi all,

Melbourne has now become a viable option for me, and with a final job interview and offer looking likely on sunday, i'm trying to get a heads up on areas to live. Can anyone help? I'm a young 26 YO, like sports wanna be close to the city but also near to a beach or similar so i can do running and stuff. I'll be working in the CBD,

anyone already there, been there, lived there? would really appreciate some info?

thanks
You could look at St Kilda or Port Melbourne. Near town, good nightlife and restaurants, near the beach (not the best in the bay but hey ho), and Albert Park (good running if it is too windy on the beach), good cycling (however you can get a bit bored with going up and down the Beach Road) and lots of single people around. Alternatively you could also try Parahan or South Yarra - both not too far from the beach and near Chapel Street which again has a good nightlife and restaurants.

If looking at St Kilda then try to avoid the area around Fitzroy Street (Grey, Inkerman, Barkly) as high area for prostitutes and duggies. MInd you that might be your scene!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Try beachside suburbs like Port Melbourne, Elwood, St Kilda.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

This thread is of interest to me as im a single bloke and may choose Melbourne.

You guys looking to buy or rent over there?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vanessa
You could look at St Kilda or Port Melbourne. Near town, good nightlife and restaurants, near the beach (not the best in the bay but hey ho), and Albert Park (good running if it is too windy on the beach), good cycling (however you can get a bit bored with going up and down the Beach Road) and lots of single people around. Alternatively you could also try Parahan or South Yarra - both not too far from the beach and near Chapel Street which again has a good nightlife and restaurants.

If looking at St Kilda then try to avoid the area around Fitzroy Street (Grey, Inkerman, Barkly) as high area for prostitutes and duggies. MInd you that might be your scene!
Prosie's or druggies? come on fella. i do triathlons for a living! no way! Is st kilda good though? i like port melbourne? and i am looking for a good golf course to! scratch handicapper here!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paul76
This thread is of interest to me as im a single bloke and may choose Melbourne.

You guys looking to buy or rent over there?
if i do end up in melbourne i'll be looking at renting!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:49 pm

Prosie's or druggies? come on fella. i do triathlons for a living! no way! Is st kilda good though? i like port melbourne? and i am looking for a good golf course to! scratch handicapper here!!!

since when has Vanessa been a fella!!!!! We are just in the middle of the tri season - last two coming up. Look at Gatorade and supersprint. I understand that there is a public golf course at Albert Park - there are also lots of golf courses around Sandringham area which is not too far down in Bayside.

PS Since when did going with a prossie effect your tri ability!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

since when has Vanessa been a fella!!!!! We are just in the middle of the tri season - last two coming up. Look at Gatorade and supersprint. I understand that there is a public golf course at Albert Park - there are also lots of golf courses around Sandringham area which is not too far down in Bayside.

PS Since when did going with a prossie effect your tri ability!
sorry babe! haha! my tri ability has to do with bad vibes aroud me! lol!!!!

xx sorry!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:02 pm

sorry babe! haha! my tri ability has to do with bad vibes aroud me! lol!!!!

xx sorry!!!
No worries!

as you will have missed this seasons tri series (here in Melbourne anyway), the running season starts in March with the Run for the Kids. This is a 14.5 k run around the city. Fabulous run as you go over the Bolte bridge and this is the only time that you can do this. There are also lots of other runs like the Run to the G (half marathon, 10k and 5k) Sandy half marathon (also includes a 10k and 5k run) and of course the Melbourne Marathon. Try the site www.supersprint.com.au
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

No worries!

as you will have missed this seasons tri series (here in Melbourne anyway), the running season starts in March with the Run for the Kids. This is a 14.5 k run around the city. Fabulous run as you go over the Bolte bridge and this is the only time that you can do this. There are also lots of other runs like the Run to the G (half marathon, 10k and 5k) Sandy half marathon (also includes a 10k and 5k run) and of course the Melbourne Marathon. Try the site www.supersprint.com.au
awesome... i like u already!! x ha ha! thank you!