British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-got-anything-bad-say-about-hervey-bay-521831/)

Safin Apr 12th 2009 11:51 am

Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

We are heading to the park and pier near enzios in an hour or so. If the rain holds off, sausages to lunch at the bbqs there. taking fishing rods etc and getting out of the house!!!!

clothmama Apr 12th 2009 12:00 pm

I'm going to try to get some uni work done and if the weather is ok and I've got some work done we may come down. It depends a bit when our visitors arrive too!

Safin Apr 12th 2009 5:27 pm

caught a few fish (small enough to go in a bowl but still caught!), BBQ late breakfast and back home just before the rain began again!

out for a swim in the pool in the rain now!

Jojo and Andy Apr 12th 2009 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 7474912)
caught a few fish (small enough to go in a bowl but still caught!), BBQ late breakfast and back home just before the rain began again!

out for a swim in the pool in the rain now!

Now that's just showing off!!!

Safin Apr 13th 2009 10:32 am

the fish (M was proud even of those) or the swim (well you're getting wet anyway!)?

ray2gill Apr 14th 2009 10:26 am

St George's Day

Anybody like to do something to celebrate? It's Thursday 23rd - next week.

Sorry breakfast get together was cancelled. Perhaps we can do something for St. George's Day all Brits would naturally be included.

isle Apr 14th 2009 10:32 am

Originally Posted by ray2gill (Post 7480480)
St George's Day

Anybody like to do something to celebrate? It's Thursday 23rd - next week.

Sorry breakfast get together was cancelled. Perhaps we can do something for St. George's Day all Brits would naturally be included.

Hi
Are you thinking day or eve. either way I am free as I have a week off,
yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee.

Mrs Isle

Mrs Kiwi Apr 15th 2009 12:25 am

I definitely think we should celebrate St Georges Day. Be rude not to.
Think I have a job helping my brother out in his office so may be around during the day, not sure yet, but certainly free in the evening.

ray2gill Apr 15th 2009 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi (Post 7482175)
I definitely think we should celebrate St Georges Day. Be rude not to.
Think I have a job helping my brother out in his office so may be around during the day, not sure yet, but certainly free in the evening.

Whatever time is most convenient for anyone who wishes to come. Any suggestions.

BBQ with children late afternoon
Drinks at Hooligans or other location (is there a brit bar anywhere?)
Meal in restaurant
Any other suggestions

Mrs Kiwi Apr 16th 2009 9:59 am

I'm up for anything - I'm sure we will celebrate it in the usual Thursday Hoolies meet but it might be nice to also do a barbie late afternoon so all those with kids can come.

Can anyone let me know if they are going walking this week or fancy a walk. Thanks

Jojo and Andy Apr 16th 2009 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi (Post 7486274)
I'm up for anything - I'm sure we will celebrate it in the usual Thursday Hoolies meet but it might be nice to also do a barbie late afternoon so all those with kids can come.

Can anyone let me know if they are going walking this week or fancy a walk. Thanks

Hi walking monday 6pm from Mrs Isles place. Fingers crossed see you then. x

Mrs Kiwi Apr 16th 2009 9:46 pm

Great, see you Monday for a walk.

Can anyone make Thursday for at St Georges Day barbie or sausage sizzle on the beach? Not sure if its still school holidays but we can start anytime that suits those with kids and then if people want to go to Hoolies later on in the evening they can.

Does that suit you Gillian as it was your idea? If not, no worries, any other ideas? We'll do whatever suits everyone. We haven't had a chance to meet those with kids yet so would be a good chance.

Mrs Kiwi Apr 16th 2009 9:47 pm

Also, sorry, anyone got any plans for Anzac Day?
Shall we do something?

ray2gill Apr 16th 2009 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi (Post 7487381)
Great, see you Monday for a walk.

Can anyone make Thursday for at St Georges Day barbie or sausage sizzle on the beach? Not sure if its still school holidays but we can start anytime that suits those with kids and then if people want to go to Hoolies later on in the evening they can.

Does that suit you Gillian as it was your idea? If not, no worries, any other ideas? We'll do whatever suits everyone. We haven't had a chance to meet those with kids yet so would be a good chance.

Sounds great to me. Going to Fraser Sat & Sun then Brisbane Tue & Wed so won't really be around until Thursday so what ever the majority feels like doing. Sausage sizzle late afternoon sounds good. Wherever you think is the best place.

Should do something for Anzac Day as well. Would it be on Saturday or Monday the holiday?

Cookster Apr 16th 2009 10:49 pm

We will be celebrating in Hoolihans on Thursday. Dont finish work till 4 so will go there about 5. Bound to be something on!!!

Angela