Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?

Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?

Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:15 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL - that's great.

My MIL's place has a golden orb spider in the trees in her front garden. It's huge and the web is really something to see as it covers a massive span.

Yes he was a nice spider and no bother.

Cockroaches...yuck...just take the sespit top off and it's like a wall of death race down there... .
Attached Thumbnails Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?-garden-orb.jpg  
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau

Cockroaches...yuck...just take the sespit top off and it's like a wall of death race down there... .

Pretty spider. Some of them are incredible looking.

Ugh, septic tanks - horrid. Look on the bright side - when they have such a tasty snack to eat, there's no reason for them to come to visit you.
They're probably doing something very ecologically important in there.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:34 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty spider. Some of them are incredible looking.

Ugh, septic tanks - horrid. Look on the bright side - when they have such a tasty snack to eat, there's no reason for them to come to visit you.
They're probably doing something very ecologically important in there.
Yes did think it would be a waste of time to try and kill them off... I just put the top back on and crossed my fingers they would remain the out doors type.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:24 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau

this little fella was on the wheelie bin
Attached Thumbnails Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?-aussie-pics-002.jpg  
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:55 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kelli28
Nice - what sort is he then?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:59 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

The reassuring statistic is that you're only ever one metre away from a spider in Australia at any one time ever.

Don't they also say that in the UK, you're never much more than one yard away from a rat? Give me a spider any day!! I'm starting to actually like the little buggers!

Can't stand the cockroaches though, even if we have only had one to date. Thanks for the info that they come up from the drains and up the plug holes - I'll be sure to put my plugs in at night.

Sue
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:17 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
I got one of those in a hedge out the back,doesn't do much,poked it once to see if it was alive and it WAS...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?-image015.jpg  

Last edited by Ransi; Jul 27th 2006 at 3:22 pm. Reason: Added pic.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:23 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arkon
And not driving the kind of car they would have in the UK! The hoons can insure anything out here so are driving (used loosely) big powerful death machines.
Sounds like normal driving for the locals here in Dubai without the alcohol! :scared: If they were drunk they would probably drive better.

Daily commuting is like taking part in the wacky races!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there I have recently come to OZ I will post a proper thread soon but I must just add my recent experience.We are in a very rural area.
A couple of weeks back I collected my daughter from kindegarten and we had just got a few yards down the road when she stated to scream,and I mean really scream,I stopped the car and looked to where she was pointing and there on her lap was a huge grey spider. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Of course mother nature and the adrenelin set in, so I acted real quick took my flipflop off and wacked it off her and out onto the road.
I really shit myself My poor daughter was really shacken up.
That was it ! I was on the first plane back to the UK.
We both got over it,but now I check the car everytime I get in.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:22 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Dreamaway 10]

I'm now going to carry a dust buster on my back at all time now !!! lol
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Huntsmen spiders just loooove lurking behind the sunvisors in cars....you pull down the visor, mega spider lands in your lap :scared: Always check the visor before you drive away
Old Jul 28th 2006, 2:24 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

After reading many of your experiences on this tread. It certainly has given me insight. When I was in Malaysia there were screaming beetles out there (horrid things). Are there any ones living in Brisbane.

Cheers
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:03 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by julie hilton
After reading many of your experiences on this tread. It certainly has given me insight. When I was in Malaysia there were screaming beetles out there (horrid things). Are there any ones living in Brisbane.

Cheers
Don't know of them, Julie. Maybe under another name here. Cicadas here, and rhino beetles...
Old Jul 28th 2006, 4:59 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy shit

I'm scared now.... :scared:

My husband must really hate me to want to take me out there to live (sorry)

What nasties are there in Melbourne ???? Just out of curiosity cause the co. has just agreed to pay for us to have a permanent visa so prob by the end of the year beginning of next year we'll be splattign spiders adn checkign the car and bed every 5 minutes????

Oh hell Steve Irwin doesn't jump out form under your bed aswell does he ????
Actually that would prob make my kids day they think he's great

Jenxx
Old Jul 28th 2006, 5:07 am
Got our visas

[QUOTE=JenJen]Holy shit

I just know how you bloody feel!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.