Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?

Wikiposts

Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?

Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got any experiences on the creepy crawly out there?

Hardly any, really.

Wish there were more. Spiders not as big as I thought they would be.

A water dragon lives in out backyard, 3 Huntsman a year. Possums in a while.
Lots of little lizards. BIrds.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:04 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

get lots of ants and little geckos i just leave those i think there cute but one got accidently stood on and the poor thing lost its tail.

i got 3 big spiders 1 definatly a huntsman extremely large above the bedhead ran off and i never seen it again then found a largeish one in the kitchen it was black and when i spayed it with the super power bug killing spray it got a bit mad and was lifting up its front legs at me as if was going to attack i thought it was a huntsman but someone said it sounds more like a funnel web but i thought they wernt in brisbane??
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:58 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
get lots of ants and little geckos i just leave those i think there cute but one got accidently stood on and the poor thing lost its tail.

i got 3 big spiders 1 definatly a huntsman extremely large above the bedhead ran off and i never seen it again then found a largeish one in the kitchen it was black and when i spayed it with the super power bug killing spray it got a bit mad and was lifting up its front legs at me as if was going to attack i thought it was a huntsman but someone said it sounds more like a funnel web but i thought they wernt in brisbane??

I closed a sliding door on agecko once and its tail came off, kept threshing around for about a minute - weird.

Depends how black the spider was but Huntsmen do that aggressive thing. Funnel webs are in Brisbane but not sure anywhere else but select parts of the bush.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:39 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
I closed a sliding door on agecko once and its tail came off, kept threshing around for about a minute - weird.

Depends how black the spider was but Huntsmen do that aggressive thing. Funnel webs are in Brisbane but not sure anywhere else but select parts of the bush.
a gecko got caught in the door on the weekend and it lost the top of its head (very gruesome) then the ants came and ate it i didnt put that first thought it might of been a bit too much for the forum

but the spider was black all over and i have looked at piccies and stuff but still not sure what it was but its dead now anyway didn't want to take the chance of it biteing me first
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:03 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

a gecko got caught in the door on the weekend and it lost the top of its head (very gruesome) then the ants came and ate it i didnt put that first thought it might of been a bit too much for the forum

but the spider was black all over and i have looked at piccies and stuff but still not sure what it was but its dead now anyway didn't want to take the chance of it biteing me first

Have you looked here:

http://www.qm.qld.gov.au/features/sp...pidersnest.asp
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:33 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought funnel webs were only around Sydney? Ah well...you live and learn.

A friend of ours in Sydney had a funnel web living at the bottom of his pool.... :scared:
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:32 pm

still looks like it could of been a funnel web esp if its found in mt cootha/kenmore areas O/H used to do a lot of work round mt cootha for the t.v stations and used to go and sit outside for his lunch could of had a trip home with him!!

also seen a wild snake while having a walk in the botanical gardens on mt cootha it was some sort of water snake

Last edited by Kelli28; Jul 26th 2006 at 7:34 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

still looks like it could of been a funnel web esp if its found in mt cootha/kenmore areas O/H used to do a lot of work round mt cootha for the t.v stations and used to go and sit outside for his lunch could of had a trip home with him!!

also seen a wild snake while having a walk in the botanical gardens on mt cootha it was some sort of water snake

Hi! We live in the rainforest on the sunshine coast...we have been here almost 2 years and have certainly experienced the wild life. Would you believe a Scorpion joined me in bed one morning and stung me on the boob..yep..thats right! We have come across red bellied blacks, brown snakes and carpet snakes, a few nests of red backs, funnel webs and huntsmen...so my recommendation..either dont buy a forest block or be mad like us and jump in feet first and learn as you go along. The kids and the dog have certainly found it an experience... !!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:55 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=brasso]Hi!

My god you were brave. I have a big fear of spiders. I used to live in Malaysia a good few years ago and I didn't see any harmful insects, only lots of gecko's every where. I loved them, sooooo chute

Today I have done lots of search on the web about the spiders and I nearly fainted. I just hope I can cope. They are just so bloody big!!!!!!

I will however invest in a dust bust for each room.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:00 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=julie hilton]
Originally Posted by brasso
Hi!

My god you were brave. I have a big fear of spiders. I used to live in Malaysia a good few years ago and I didn't see any harmful insects, only lots of gecko's every where. I loved them, sooooo chute

Today I have done lots of search on the web about the spiders and I nearly fainted. I just hope I can cope. They are just so bloody big!!!!!!

I will however invest in a dust bust for each room.
I wouldn't worry about the big ones they are mostly harmless and you can hear them coming. It's the tiddlers that'll kill you!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:32 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Have you given him a name,

Enrique.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:35 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

but Huntsmen do that aggressive thing. Funnel webs are in Brisbane but not sure anywhere else but select parts of the bush.

Huntsmen don't do that aggressive thing. More commonly mouse spiders or funnel webs. Huntsman spider is very timid. I've tried to get ours to go over my hand on the wall at night but he won't and shies away immediately. Very timid.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:57 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
Huntsmen don't do that aggressive thing. More commonly mouse spiders or funnel webs. Huntsman spider is very timid. I've tried to get ours to go over my hand on the wall at night but he won't and shies away immediately. Very timid.
You'll have to give Enrique a good talking to!! (Good name - can he sing too?)
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:02 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
You'll have to give Enrique a good talking to!! (Good name - can he sing too?)

It's the thought they will crawl over you at night, while your a sleep. I been watching to many horrors lol :scared:
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:56 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie hilton
It's the thought they will crawl over you at night, while your a sleep. I been watching to many horrors lol :scared:
Well apparantly in our life time each one of us will swallow 8 spiders in our sleep :scared: just have to hope that they are the small undeadly kind
A
xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.