Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Perth!!!

Anyone going to Perth!!!

Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

PerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone going to Perth!!!

Hi everybody,
Just found the forum looks good!
Hubby, son and I are hoping move to Perth, he's a furniture maker so we're MODL. applied in May, got the acknowledgement, so the wait is on.
I'm irish, he's welsh, we're living in Lucan in Dublin at the moment.
I'd love to hear from any other emigrants, especially mums...
I'm really very stressed about selecting good area to live and schools... We were going to do a rekkie, but to be honest once we priced it I think we'll have to just go for it..

:0
Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:55 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Perth!!!

Originally Posted by PerthAhoy!
Hi everybody,
Hubby, son and I are hoping move to Perth, he's a furniture maker so we're MODL. applied in May, got the acknowledgement, so the wait is on.
I'm really very stressed about selecting good area to live and schools... We were going to do a rekkie, but to be honest once we priced it I think we'll have to just go for it..

Welcome

We're heading Perth way, well we will be if the bloody Solicitors etc get their fingers out of their bums, but we're going 'cold turkey' as we've never been before.
Enjoy the reckie,
PM me if you want a list of areas that are not too bad in Perth

Sam
Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

Hi there,
not a mum and I'm still in the UK but have lived near perth and were off out there in 2 yrs. You will love it although to be honest perth isn't that amazing, but all around it is pretty cool. there are loads of people on this forum who live in perth and they will give you loads more advice than i can but just wanted to say good luck and well done!!!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

PerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the rough

SORRY my mixtake, we're not doing rekkie cost was a bit high.
We;re thinking of some where on the northern beachs of perth as a place to go. Hubs has an old mate who runs a Kitchen fitting company in jondalop (I think). Basically he's got work as soon as we arrive.
Our son is 8 and wired to the mains ( not really, he just has a normal state that would convince you he's drinking 2 gallons of red bull per hour), so beachs /sports/anything that wears him out is the aim.
Ho do kids adopt to school / friends / etc??
Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

SORRY my mixtake, we're not doing rekkie cost was a bit high.
We;re thinking of some where on the northern beachs of perth as a place to go. Hubs has an old mate who runs a Kitchen fitting company in jondalop (I think). Basically he's got work as soon as we arrive.
Our son is 8 and wired to the mains ( not really, he just has a normal state that would convince you he's drinking 2 gallons of red bull per hour), so beachs /sports/anything that wears him out is the aim.
Ho do kids adopt to school / friends / etc??

Got family in Cottesloe, Swanbourne and sorrento, they love it, also have family in Fremantle bicton and the hills and they love that too so good luck.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

hi there,
we are 2 suburbs north of Joondalup, in Kinross.
Joondalup is a bit like a satelite city. Lots going on, pubs, clubs, shops, sporting complexes.
Kids adapt pretty well to the change of schools and enviroment, usually better than the adults!!!
Feel free to ask any questions on the northern suburbs.
All the best
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in Tapping which is by Joondalup.

There are some lovely areas up in the northern suburbs, there are also a few to stay away from. P.M me if you want my opinion on those!

Your son will have no problems settling in I wouldn't have thought. Kids do tend to get the easy ride when they're so little.

We've been here two years now and our kids were almost 3 & 5 when we landed. They are Aussies through and through now. They have a great life, so much more outdoors time than in the UK. WE live in a quiet cul-de-sac and there are loads of kids who just play outside all day on their bikes and scooters. They occasionally wander in when they're hungry, raid the fridge, then it's back out to play again!

There are plenty of sports clubs for the kids to get involved in if they want. Then in the summer months there's the beach and the hundreds of parks to play in.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Hi everybody,

Hi,
We are moving out 19 Nov with our 20mth old daughter. Have house near river in Bassendean and also going to build north of Perth - Yanchep.
Cant wait to get there now...
good luck
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hi everybody,

Hi we are of to Perth in November. We are both Irish (Dublin) although hubbie came to Manchester when he was 3 so sounds like a mad Manc! We are hoping to settle around Carramar or Tapping which are beside Joondalup. We have a daughter and when we went over on a reccie last year she loved it so I have no worries about her settling. She even managed to get herself invited to some Aussie kids birthday party! There are some good schools around this area with good reputations. A group of the girls of here meet up every Thursday morning at Hilary's harbour as a sort of hello to new arrivals so thats a good chance to meet other mums.
How soon after getting your visa's do you intend on going over.
Tracie
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:02 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

hi were off to perth,we think ellenbrooke.we as you are going to jump in at the deep end.

we know that no one is going to give us something for nothing,we know we are going to work hard,we know its no utopia but most of all we know we will make it work.after all we are from birmingham how could it not work.

if the people in perth are as friendly as the people on this forum ,it will be a fantastic place to live.

marcus,trish,sophie and louis.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

"we're living in Lucan in Dublin"

Hi were looking at Perth, we're living in Celbridge, Kildare!!

Lots of stuff to look into, we have Visa and due to commitments wont be going to July 2007

Stormy
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Anyone going to Perth!!!

Hi

We're in Aberdeen, Scotland at the moment but hoping to move to Perth early/mid next year. We were over in January this year and stayed with hubby's rellys in Swan View. Visited more rellys in Joondalup, which was lovely. Bit worried about house prices in Perth being so high but it won't stop us going.

15 year old son and 20 year old daughter coming too. (If she can get a visa)

Jan and Rob

Last edited by midgetjan; Sep 2nd 2006 at 6:55 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Hi we are of to Perth in November. We are both Irish (Dublin) although hubbie came to Manchester when he was 3 so sounds like a mad Manc! We are hoping to settle around Carramar or Tapping which are beside Joondalup. We have a daughter and when we went over on a reccie last year she loved it so I have no worries about her settling. She even managed to get herself invited to some Aussie kids birthday party! There are some good schools around this area with good reputations. A group of the girls of here meet up every Thursday morning at Hilary's harbour as a sort of hello to new arrivals so thats a good chance to meet other mums.
How soon after getting your visa's do you intend on going over.
Tracie
We're going as soon as we get visa. Hubs has been promised work with his old mate, which should keep things floating... long term may be different. not sure where to move to, we've been looking at Hillarys and Kallaroo, but prices seem to be exploding.

Expecting to be travelling around christmas...
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Anyone emigrating with kids aged 6-9?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:33 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone emigrating with kids aged 6-9?
Off to Perth beg. of Oct. Kids aged 6,8 and 13. Settling Northern burbs

(Husband is from Wexford )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.