Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Perth!!!

Anyone going to Perth!!!

Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:23 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Perth!!!

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Have I packed?????? no, only found out the visa was approved on wed! We I handed my notice in yesterday and finish on Oct 28th which then gives me 3 weeks to get everything sorted. I am only shipping some boxes of Personal effects, so most of the furniture will be sold or given away.

gotta do a big 'to do' list this weekend!

You've panicked me now.... are you packed then????? :scared:
wish you all the luck in the world,hope to be not to far behind you..

marcus and family
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PerthAhoy!
Hi everybody,
Just found the forum looks good!
Hubby, son and I are hoping move to Perth, he's a furniture maker so we're MODL. applied in May, got the acknowledgement, so the wait is on.
I'm irish, he's welsh, we're living in Lucan in Dublin at the moment.
I'd love to hear from any other emigrants, especially mums...
I'm really very stressed about selecting good area to live and schools... We were going to do a rekkie, but to be honest once we priced it I think we'll have to just go for it..

:0
We are in the process of house sale going (fingers crossed no probs this time) and we are heading off to Mandurah area, Halls Head initally for our short term let then have a good scout about for the best area that suites...who knows may stay there! good luck
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

sion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud ofsion has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone going to Perth!!!

Anyone emigrating with kids aged 6-9?
Hi we are off to perth next july /august I'm also welsh and the missus is english we are taking our 2 girls aged 9 and 6 and another one (not sure if it is a girl or boy as it isnt due until feb)

we are looking at rockingham and surrounding areas at the moment but we have never been to aus before

cheers
Sion
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

We hope to be in the Perth area by next summer (UK). Me Welsh, she English ( who said mixed relationships don't work ?? ) and daughter, 7.

We really liked Quinns Rocks, a Northern suburb, where we stayed on our recce this year. However, we are going to rent and have a bloody good look around; from Yanchep down to Mandurah. That should take about 10 years !
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:33 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sion
Hi we are off to perth next july /august I'm also welsh and the missus is english we are taking our 2 girls aged 9 and 6 and another one (not sure if it is a girl or boy as it isnt due until feb)

we are looking at rockingham and surrounding areas at the moment but we have never been to aus before

cheers
Sion
Hi Sion, I have lived in Rockingham for 13 years, so if you need any information just ask. We have short term fully furnished homes here as well, have a look on our web page at www.cedarcottagewa.com Good luck, Suzette and Will.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:35 am
lew
Forum Regular

lew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud of

Hi we are hoping(subject to completion of house on 28th September )to arrive in Perth mid October once i have worked my notice!!
We have never been to Perth before and until we complete on the the house cant book flights ,accomadation,give notice at work ,book quarantine for the dog Etc Etc -ahhhhhh :scared: So its going to be a mad rush!!And to top it all i have to start my new job by the end of October .
All help and advice gratefully recieved .We have an 8 year old boy and i think he is the only one not stressed out about it all!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 2:47 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lew
Hi we are hoping(subject to completion of house on 28th September )to arrive in Perth mid October once i have worked my notice!!
We have never been to Perth before and until we complete on the the house cant book flights ,accomadation,give notice at work ,book quarantine for the dog Etc Etc -ahhhhhh :scared: So its going to be a mad rush!!And to top it all i have to start my new job by the end of October .
All help and advice gratefully recieved .We have an 8 year old boy and i think he is the only one not stressed out about it all!

We complete on the 29/09/06, fly to Ireland 30/09 - 05/10, fly to Perth 6/7 Oct - :scared:
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

PerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the rough

Yippeee!
We just got a request for medicals and police clearance.

Hubs is worried about a little D & D charge from about 7 years ago :scared:
Shouldn't be an issue really.. I hope..

I didn't realise the med process included so much..

Any one any idea how long it'll take from here?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Back2Oz is on a distinguished road

Yippeee!
We just got a request for medicals and police clearance.

Hubs is worried about a little D & D charge from about 7 years ago :scared:
Shouldn't be an issue really.. I hope..

I didn't realise the med process included so much..

Any one any idea how long it'll take from here?
We got our Med request mid May, sent the meds back at the end of May and had the grant letter by mid June. So you could be ready to go within 4-6 weeks. Good Luck
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:24 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked one way tickets with singapore air - we fly 8/10/06 12pm from Heathrow
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

hi lew how much is the dog costing you 2 take with you??
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

MarkO'G is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We fly to Perth on 7th November. me, my wife and our 2 1/2 year old and 5 month old boys. Initially staying in Currambine for a few weeks whilst we look at a few suburbs in the area.

Feel like someone has turned the clock up to fast forward as time is now beginning to fly by Move out of the house in a few weeks and leaving drinks are already starting.

Cheers

Mark
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

PerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the roughPerthAhoy! is a jewel in the rough

We got it we got it we got it Haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:45 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

We got it we got it we got it Haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good on ya mate.....

are you who i think you are..?

aston
Old Oct 13th 2006, 9:03 am
Just Joined

depends on who you think I am, and then again on who you really are and if you really are who you infer? Am I some one you know, or someone your alter ego may know? Hmmmm.

Answer is probably nope. Dublin based, female, welsh hubs? ring any bells?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.