Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Albert Park for the GP

Anyone going to Albert Park for the GP

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Albert Park for the GP

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
Have to see what I can do.... thanks Polly.

Fiveways, eh? Crowhurst Road - big Asda and the Argus offices? I used to live in Patcham so know the area quite well. Moved over to Hove Park area about 2.5 years ago. There are zero good pubs near me anyway, so definitely won't miss that!
Small world eh!!! I used to work in that lovely building opposite Asda.....the one with the locked gates and security guards. Used to think they were to keep us workers in, but apparently its to stop people escaping after they've been arrested!

Your kiddy should love the Melbourne race - much more child-friendly than most UK sports events.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Small world eh!!! I used to work in that lovely building opposite Asda.....the one with the locked gates and security guards. Used to think they were to keep us workers in, but apparently its to stop people escaping after they've been arrested!
LOL. I know the exact one; does look slightly Colditzesque! Still not too much of a commute if you were living at Fiveways.

Going to have a good rummage on that website tonight and try to get something booked
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:59 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Yip Hubby was at Albert Park last year, and fully intends going again this year... think this time i may go with him.. (he's still got his wee bag of gravel from the track saved !! blue stuff, dont know what you call them !! not completley jenned up on grand prix speak !!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:13 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lori&Andy
Well I was up for it I really enjoyed it when we were fortunate enough to be in Melbourne for the 2003 GP, I expected other half to agree seeing as he's the big F1 fan but he reckons you can see more of the actual racing on the TV - Still gonna try and convince him to tape it and go see the real thing it's a great day or weekend out.

Lori
Even with telecasts it can be just as dull sometimes as you only see what the director wants to see, even though there may be "racing" going on further down in the pack. If you go again, try to get where there is a giant tv screen, then at least then you can see other parts of the track when there is nothing happening in front of you.

We work trackside and still watch it later as there are things happening all around the track that we can't see.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 19th 2005 at 8:15 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:24 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pogsy
Just wondering if anyone is going to the 10th Formula One GP in Melbourne.

Rob
2005 2006

My friend is an aerodynamicist at Sauber so we are avid followers. Mind you got to the point where as soon as schmuck (Schumacher) is first to hit the first corner it's all over - usual end result

D D
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

So who's up for a beer on the Sat morning on the in field.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pogsy
So who's up for a beer on the Sat morning on the in field.
Now thats just cruelty to dumb marshals.......the only down side of working there is No Alcohol until the end of the days racing!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

OK, then saturday after the racing , fair go for everyone.