Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANYONE FLEW TO PERTH BUSINESS CLASS

ANYONE FLEW TO PERTH BUSINESS CLASS

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future
Default ANYONE FLEW TO PERTH BUSINESS CLASS

Seeing we shall only be emmigrating the once (hopefully) we have decided we may fly to oz business class, the cheapest we have found is £1500 with brunei and klm has anyone flown business class with these airlines or got acheaper price anywhere else? We are also gonna fly without a break so ie just a quick stopover.
cheers
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:46 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE FLEW TO PERTH BUSINESS CLASS

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
Seeing we shall only be emmigrating the once (hopefully) we have decided we may fly to oz business class, the cheapest we have found is £1500 with brunei and klm has anyone flown business class with these airlines or got acheaper price anywhere else? We are also gonna fly without a break so ie just a quick stopover.
cheers

Its only 1 day travel. On the whole scale of things not too much. The money you save could easily pay for a 7 day holiday to Bali etc.

But if money not a problem, then why not.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown business class with Singapore Airlines, just the once. The main differences were a) seat slightly wider and slightly more leg room b) the seat reclined an extra notch back, but still not enough to be able to sleep comfortably c) the toilet cubicle was slightly larger d) the meal was served as in a restaurant ie starter first, then dinner, then dessert, then coffee and all on china, not plastic trays, food was the same though e) I was spoken to extra, extra politely!

The flight was still just as long and boring, the film was still difficult to hear through the headphones with the engine noise, and it was still scarey going through the thunderstorms with all the turbulence. If money was no object then maybe I wouldn't worry about paying the extra in future, otherwise I think the extra money spent would be better used for something like a couple of nights stopover in Singapore, a wonderful city to explore.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 1:18 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

check that you are getting a nice experience...

some brunei cheaper fares are on their old planes - it will be lots of legroom but the guy infront will still recline into your 'personal space' and it wont be up to much in terms of better quality of seat / lots of space / flat beds..

contrasted with qantas skybed its a world of difference believe me.

Also look out for getting 'regional business class' vs 'international'.. regional is a little more legroom and a nice meal, 'international' is a flat bed and great space and service - real luxury.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

If you fly business class with Singapore then you get sky beds. They go completely flat and you arrive having had a good sleep.

Jacqui,
That must have been during the war years?

Mike.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

i think i will book economy with singapore airlines and see what they charge for an upgrade on the singapore to perth leg as we will probably want to have a wee kip on the way!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:55 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

We flew business class from Germany to Perth 3 years ago (but only cos my ex company was paying for it as a repatriation)

Back then, Royal Brunei was the cheapest business class, but you didnt get flat beds (dont know if that is still the case), just bigger seats with more leg room - but not great for getting a decent nights sleep.

As a comparison business class Lufthansa was 2790 Euro - but you got flat beds - and business class RB was 1280 Euro - but no flat beds.

I wasnt paying so price wasnt an issue but ex company offered the money or the flight so we took the money for Lufthansa and flew RB

Didnt get a great sleep, but it was better than flying economy.

If it had been my own money I would have flown economy, so I had more to spend when I got here.

From memory KLM and Finnair had the cheapest flat beds on the asia route but that may not be the case any more.

Last edited by Vegemite Kids; Jun 2nd 2007 at 4:55 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:31 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

Forgot to say, if money is no object, the best business class flights (taking into account not only seats but also meals, services etc) are - in order - British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Singapore.

Thats based on 15 years experience of international business travel.

If I could afford it I would always travel BA Business Class.

Edit, The worst is Air France !

Last edited by Vegemite Kids; Jun 2nd 2007 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:20 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Forgot to say, if money is no object, the best business class flights (taking into account not only seats but also meals, services etc) are - in order - British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Singapore.

Thats based on 15 years experience of international business travel.

If I could afford it I would always travel BA Business Class.

Edit, The worst is Air France !
I'd go BA/Qantas/Virgin Atlantic/Singapore in Business. To my mind if your going business then you want a bed so you can arrive feeling nice and relaxed.

Cathay use old equipment from HK and you dont get a flat bed.

Emirates only have flat bed on the new planes. Other than that its really old and crappy and any other airline is a bit hit and miss if they actually use thier new flat beds on that routing.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

cheers
We flew buiness from London to Sydney last Oct me, wife and two kids. Went with Cathay and it was excellent used the lounge in HK where you can use the showers and have nice relaxing masssage whilst waiting for the next flight. Had still got the older style seats as the previous poster said but the difference between them and the flat beds is really not worth mentioning, according to thier onflight info they were starting to replace them this year with the new stuff anyway. Oh the cost was 5,100 pounds for all of us. (one way of course)
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

i wouldnt goir france if you payed me lol. Just found one way flight bus class with cathy pacific £1300 IN NOVEMBER may go for this or singapore airlines mmmmmm
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:27 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy&Mike
If you fly business class with Singapore then you get sky beds. They go completely flat and you arrive having had a good sleep.

Jacqui,
That must have been during the war years?

Mike.
You dont get the nice sky beds if you go from Singapore to Brisbane - thats classed as 'regional' nor from Singapore to china for example.. From London to Singapore you should. Even now ( I did it last month ).

Its the difference between regional business class (slightly wider seat, slightly more legroom) and full int'l business class (disney in the sky)
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:29 pm
ah-beng

i wouldnt goir france if you payed me lol. Just found one way flight bus class with cathy pacific £1300 IN NOVEMBER may go for this or singapore airlines mmmmmm
Cathay Business class to HK is fantastic - but - from HK -> Perth I reckon you'll be in the regional class - thats what we got from HK->Brisbane.

Cathay lounge in HK is the best ever. There are 2 - try them both out they have different things. And dont miss the bank of PS2 racing cars downstairs in one of them for the kids.

Qantas buisiness class is one of the best - great food, great entertainmnet, great seats, its v.good. I fly with them about 4times/mth long haul.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
My son and daughter in law booked their flights to come over.
At the airport her mum surprised them and upgraded them to business class, they felt like royalty.
I think this is a cheaper option, and a lot of people do it that way.
If you can afford it, do it, i would.
safe journey
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:48 am
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point

personally I'd save your money with business class unless you have loads, then if you have you wont miss it and wouldnt ask the question anyhow.

Consider flying with Emirates, and stop in Dubai for a few days, then stop in singapore for a few days, may give you the opportunity to stroll over, and chill in each time zone.

I have flew business class many times, and can safely say its all show, unless you have work the next morning, and then you really need a bed on the plane, as I have always landed knackered, never once have I thought business class made me feel better.

The only gain you get is getting away from the check in queues and chilling out in the lounge before hand, amusing myself watching guys in beige trousers, polo blue shirts and black blazer jackets poncing around with plates of biscuits and cheese drinking mineral water or a glass of fizz.

I travelled in flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt and wound many a passenger up for some reason and I still cant understand it.

As you can see I dont think its all that....but everyone to the their own, if its in your budget and havent done it before go for it, its a good experience anyhow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.