Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Originally Posted by Love Womble - Sweetcheeks
Hi,

we're booking our tickets tomorrow to fly to sydney on the first of September

Very Very excited, but a bit scared too!!!

Anyone else out there going to fly to Sydney in September? Just wondering how other people are feeling who are flying out at the same time. We are just about to hand in our notices at work, selling the stuff in the house etc, and it all seems a bit real now!!!

Hi all

Just found this site.

We are off to Sydney (no kids, 2 cats) in rthe begginning of September.

We are at the stage of packing and throwing and saying goodbyes.

We have a close but distant family that wish us the best in our latest adventure. We hope to be around the rozelle / balmain area pending if we like it or not but we will see when we get there.

I have been monioting this site for a while and there seems to be a very good drinks club every week in Sydney CBD so we will have a look at that when we get there.

Its not long now.

We are flying Singapore air. We used them on validation and they are top notch. Same thing as said earlier, go to their own site, much cheaper ONE WAY yikes!! one way.

Hope to stay in touch with some people as we are losing loads of friends here and would love to make new friends before we get there.

All the best

Alan
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:34 am
6 months in....

lolobolo is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you both going out for work?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lolobolo

Not because of work, but to live and work yes. Weather is my main priority, everything else is the same as the uk in my world anyway.

What about you

Alan
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

See you all in Sydney soon, we fly on friday.

All the best everyone.

alan
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Love Womble - Sweetcheeks
Hi,

we're booking our tickets tomorrow to fly to sydney on the first of September

Very Very excited, but a bit scared too!!!

Anyone else out there going to fly to Sydney in September? Just wondering how other people are feeling who are flying out at the same time. We are just about to hand in our notices at work, selling the stuff in the house etc, and it all seems a bit real now!!!
Have a good flight, we are off friday 17th. See you over there

Best of luck
al
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:31 am
6 months in....

lolobolo is an unknown quantity at this point

We fly Saturday 18th august-yikes-still up to neck in cleaning!!!!!! going via singapore, going to rented place in balmain for a few weeks
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

We are a bit behind you all. We fly the 5th November to Sydney. Good luck to you all
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

We're a lot behind all of you but good luck to everyone, especially those going out in the next couple of weeks, i'll be in a right state by the time we get to the stages that you lot are at.

good luck and safe journey to all
take care
Vicky, Richard and Family
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vickys
We're a lot behind all of you but good luck to everyone, especially those going out in the next couple of weeks, i'll be in a right state by the time we get to the stages that you lot are at.

good luck and safe journey to all
take care
Vicky, Richard and Family
Thanks alot.

We did a wall planner with a load of a4 printer paper and post it notes. 1 colour for me one for the missus and one for both of us.

We wrote on the things we needed to do (big jobs first like car sale and booking cats in etc) and then when written down we spread them out over months. It gives you a real perspective of what lies ahead.

Wen then stuck up another sheet for jobs done to write on when a post it came down to remind you.

We looked a5t the board every day for 6 months raring to go on jobs for 2 weeks time LOL and we got everything done and dusted, so the few hours it took at ther start to prioritise was well worth it. At the end of the wall planner was a puicture of the harbour bridge on new years eve to see our goal LOl.

We have meandered through it easily and not forgot anything and the last week we have had nothing to do except final bills and admin really so we have had plenty of time for leaving do's and the like.

There are plenty of "to do" lists on expats if you search. They are very helpful.

Stay in touch then and see you on the other side

Gotta go, i have 2 meals and a poker night today as well as a man u match, doctors and chemist. This is my busiest day as i fit in the 2 meals but i wont be rushing about, these are nice things.

Tomorrow is moving out and then we are on our hols......

All the best

al
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

We fly Saturday 18th august-yikes-still up to neck in cleaning!!!!!! going via singapore, going to rented place in balmain for a few weeks

We will try and catch up when the dust settles and im online again.

We have a 10 days holiday on the way in asia to get over jetlag so hopefully quiite fresh when we land in syd.

We are sort of looking balmain for now from reports from a mate who lives there as there is a thriving cafe culture, but we will rent for 6 months and have trips out to see where we like or feels right.

all the best for saturday. Where you flying from?

Al
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
We will try and catch up when the dust settles and im online again.

We have a 10 days holiday on the way in asia to get over jetlag so hopefully quiite fresh when we land in syd.

We are sort of looking balmain for now from reports from a mate who lives there as there is a thriving cafe culture, but we will rent for 6 months and have trips out to see where we like or feels right.

all the best for saturday. Where you flying from?

Al
Sorry for the late reply, i wish you all the luck in the world guys. I've got a file on my pc with all useful websites and my i've looked at loads of to do list and then got my own to do list having taken bits and pieces from all that i've found.

Thanks a lot for the idea of the post its and i love the bit about the picture of the harbour on new year. Hope the move and the flights go ok for you, and the 10 days in Asia are fantastic. We'll be catchin the shuttle from Manchester and then going on from London probably via Singapore although nothing is booked yet, we're hoping to be out there by the latest next July (hopefuly flying before the schools break up for summer!!!) I'd love a brak in Asia on route but i've yet to convince my OH, i'm working on it though.

Good luck guys and I hope to see you on the other side!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya All,

My hubby and I arrived in Sydney last Wednesday 15th August. We're staying in Darling Point, but just heard that the application we put in for a unit in Balmain has been accepted - hoorah! I'd love to meet up once we're all a bit more settled in too.

Hope it's going well for all of you
Suzi
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Hi there

It's so exciting reading about when and where everyone is going!

Me, hubby, and 20 month old son are flying to Sydney from Heathrow on 17th September with Singapore Airlines, we are headed for the northern beaches and will initially look for a rental in the Harbord area as we have a couple of friends there.

We've given up work, sold the house and are living with my parents, and it seems like everything at the moment is a "last time we'll do this" or a "goodbye" - really looking forward to just getting there now!

It looks like there are quite a few meet ups in Sydney, but it would be nice to organise a separate one for newbies too! Any suggestions?

Deb
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:05 am
Just Joined

ashbash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there everyone, I am going to Sydney from London on Tuesday 11th September and cannot wait although the nerves are starting to settle in. Have a job waiting for me but need to find somewhere to live etc. Good luck everyone!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:27 am
Just Joined

OddsandSods is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We fly out to Sydney on 3rd Sept. Can't wait but the final 'paperwork' and house organising for the packers is getting a bit dull now!!

We're up for a meet too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.