Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Love Womble - Sweetcheeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Hi,

we're booking our tickets tomorrow to fly to sydney on the first of September

Very Very excited, but a bit scared too!!!

Anyone else out there going to fly to Sydney in September? Just wondering how other people are feeling who are flying out at the same time. We are just about to hand in our notices at work, selling the stuff in the house etc, and it all seems a bit real now!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:23 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Hi,
We should be going from Berks to Sydney with out cats anytime between third week in Aug & 1st week in Sept. You're right - it does feel real now after a year or so of build up. I'm finding the stress of it being so close is making me forget the positives - new start, great new place, etc etc
Good luck!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

I know what oyu mean about stress - a I guess having doutbs about it all is normal, watching all your furniture disappear!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

ascona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my family and I are traveliing out around the 24th September. We are really excited but so nervous as well! We have 2 young children so we are hoping everone settles in OK. What part of Sydney are you going to?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:07 pm
6 months in....

lolobolo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone emigrating to Sydney in September???!!

Fantatic..

I am going out there around the same time- getting married here on the 5th august.
It will be fab.x
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

We'll be there asap jsut about to send off Visa application but hopefully it'll be dealt with sooner rather than later without problems. Where about's in Sydney is everyone going??
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:40 pm
6 months in....

Balmain area.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:14 am
Just Joined

We're off to Harboard as I have family there....can't wait!!

Booked our flight a couple of days ago - flying with Virgin as heard lots of good things about them. Amazing how much the prices go up when you use a travel agent - we booked on Virgin's own website and it was much cheaper!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Love Womble - Sweetcheeks
We're off to Harboard as I have family there....can't wait!!

Booked our flight a couple of days ago - flying with Virgin as heard lots of good things about them. Amazing how much the prices go up when you use a travel agent - we booked on Virgin's own website and it was much cheaper!
Thanks for that, when the time comes for us to book i'll be straight off to virgin. We're off to Dapto for the family reson too.

take care and good luck
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:46 am
6 months in....

So are you guys mostly families with kids?
What was the motivation behind you emigrating?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

We've got the one daughter who is coming up for 9 in September, our motivation is purely one of a better lifestyle. There are negatives about moving which most people are fully aware of but at the end of the day the positives far out weigh those. I personally have not got a particularly strong family network, kind of family who are there when you need them and would do anything for you but aren't that close (apart from the odd few people that is)
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

We're without kid's, but we are taking our lovely 5 year old Golden Retreiver (Hamish), mind you he'll probably look more like a Labrador after he's been shaved!
We've had to leave our 1 year old English Springer (Archie) back here (just too expensive nearly £4000 each dog) :curse: not looking forward to parting wiv him i must say.

Generally we're both really excited although we're joining OH family out there i'm leaving mine behind, i'm sure it'll be cool though.

It would be pretty cool to have a meet somewhwere for all of us arriving in or around Sept, try and kick off some friendship (support) circles,
anyone have any ideas please suggest.
Good luck to everyone who's about to venture on the same journey, life will be so sweet, ( i hope),
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:56 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

There is a meetups thread with quite a few meet ups already in Sydney for established expats but I'm sure they wouldn't mind newcomers. Or feel free to post in there with ideas.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:35 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

We will also be off to Sydney end of August-beg Sept all being well. We have just decided to sell the house instead of renting it out so that could hold us up a bit but we will get there eventually. We should be heading to the Hills distict.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:21 pm
6 months in....

A meet-up is a great ideax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.