Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone else at the same stage?

anyone else at the same stage?

Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone else at the same stage?

I am obsessed with trying to predict when a decision will be made out my visa.

We have applied under general - Skilled and our medicals were sent off a couple of weeks ago but due to being lost, at the Australian end, were only recognised on Wednesday 16th.

It seems that most pople hear with 6 weeks of sending in Medicals so I am tring to figure out when we should hear. Also has anyone ever been able to receive their decsion in advance by e-mail (rather than waiting for the post)

Other peoples view/exeriance will be very interesting.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:14 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: anyone else at the same stage?

Originally posted by jac16

We have applied under general - Skilled and our medicals were sent off a couple of weeks ago but due to being lost, at the Australian end, were only recognised on Wednesday 16th.

It seems that most pople hear with 6 weeks of sending in Medicals so I am tring to figure out when we should hear. Also has anyone ever been able to receive their decsion in advance by e-mail (rather than waiting for the post)

hi jac.

i'm just entering that phase. My meds and police checks are just one their way to my agent who will then pass them on to adelaide. At the moment however i'm still obsessed with watching the tracking results on UPS's website (my envelop is currently in cologne!)
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
my envelop is currently in cologne!
Fascinating.
I wonder where the contents are
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:31 am
oozie04

hello jac16,

Me too at the same stage. My medicals are with them since 30th May. The wait is actually killing me and it is really very tough to keep your mind off this site to check if some of co-applicants has posted got it.

Good Luck.

Regards

ozzie04

Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

bryoak is an unknown quantity at this point

Our medicals were sent off 2 weeks ago, they had to be in Aus by 16th june as this was the date stated by our case officer.

Darren
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, we recently had our bond request (17/06/2004) and our meds were sent off on 08/05/2004. We had extra medical stuff to send (our doctor advised us to do this, as he was sure they would request additional info otherwise) so the meds were done a while earlier, on 02/04/2004. The wait got to me a bit, but I think you just have to float along with this kind of thing.
If you have had your meds requested, I would advise getting the house on the market ASAP, just my HO though.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Bix
Fascinating.
I wonder where the contents are
I just love this sense of humour....fortunately it's the same as mine.

I'm still laughing...great!!!
Old Jun 20th 2004, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

sid1104 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent PCC/ Meds in Mid May (14th May).. reached ASPC on 20 May..

Wife's IELTS reached ASPC on 7 June..

Where is the yellow envelope??
Old Jun 20th 2004, 1:19 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

HI

(Skilled Sponsored)

It's the final wait!!

Our meds were received in Adelaide 21st May, our assurer received bond request 10th June, would have been quicker but for unforseen circumstances.

Check the timelines to see how long people are waiting for visas under your category.

It all comes by post but we had extraordinary circumstances with our application (a story for another day) and were in contact with case officer by e mail. So just hang in there even thou it's an agonising wait!!

All good things come to those who wait, believe me!!

Good luck and hope you hear soon

Walla
Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Andrea_amp_Rich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Our medicals and police checks arrived in Adelaide on the 6th June we are also still waiting for the request for the bond.

Good luck everyone who is still waiting.

Andrea
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Ours arrived nearly 2 weeks ago - the wait is killing me i just want the bond to be requested now.

All is looking good on the exchange rate side plus house prices dropping in Brissie for the areas we want so a bond request would be really cooooooooooooollllll!!!!

regards

Debs

i'll let you know when we hear
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

sid1104 is an unknown quantity at this point

As per Point 5 of ISCAH Migration Newsletter #72

5) DIMIA Adelaide just about met targets for program year
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIMIA Adelaide have confirmed that their numbers for the program year (ends 30/6/2004) have just about been met and they have slowed down their processing this month to make sure they do not go over their target