Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else finding the weather predictable??

Anyone else finding the weather predictable??

Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future
Default Anyone else finding the weather predictable??

We have been in Geraldton (450km North of Perth) 4 months now and are loving it. The weather however has become very predictable - sunny days. Since arriving here there has been little rain and the weather always seems warm. I am not complaining about the weather I just miss the unpredictability of it which we used to get in the UK and miss different types of weather. I used to be obsessed with the Met Office website (sad I know) but the BOM in Aus does not compare maybe I should keep on using the Met Office to check out the weather in the UK!!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:31 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else finding the weather predictable??

Originally Posted by buchanan
We have been in Geraldton (450km North of Perth) 4 months now and are loving it. The weather however has become very predictable - sunny days. Since arriving here there has been little rain and the weather always seems warm. I am not complaining about the weather I just miss the unpredictability of it which we used to get in the UK and miss different types of weather. I used to be obsessed with the Met Office website (sad I know) but the BOM in Aus does not compare maybe I should keep on using the Met Office to check out the weather in the UK!!
What's wrong with the BOM site?

If you're missing the UK weather, you'd be in the minority of migrants from the UK (most wanted to get away from the UK weather).

Last edited by The Bloke; Jun 6th 2009 at 12:35 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

I do find the forecasts on the BOM website to be pretty accurate. There are applications on the iPhone that are ok and all that I need. I find myself looking at the weather forecast more here than I did in the UK. Perhaps because I believe it to be more accurate and couldn't see the point in the UK because it was so changeable
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
What's wrong with the BOM site?
I am an avid user of the BOM site. Very good in my opinion. Some of the maps and climate predictions/history are useful, as is rainfall.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

Wow, I bet the reason you moved to Austrlaia was because you never stopped moaning about how dull the weather was in the UK. Now you move to somewhere that is sunny , hot and settles you moan that its not raining!!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Weather's not predictable here all the time. Lots of rain at the moment during the dry season, often have cloudy grey skies. However, even when we do get months of blue sky I don't get bored with it.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future

Wasn't complaining about the weather, in fact it is great - I just miss the excitement of something out of the ordinary happening like snow.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 2:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't complaining about the weather, in fact it is great - I just miss the excitement of something out of the ordinary happening like snow.
Our weather was more than enough exciting for us the other week Snow's tame
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Weather's not predictable here all the time. Lots of rain at the moment during the dry season, often have cloudy grey skies. However, even when we do get months of blue sky I don't get bored with it.
And lets hope it never gets predictable or I'll be out of a job
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:35 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It has been a tad rainy here in Qld (I'm still claiming full responsibility)

I find the weather here very exciting - amazing electrical storms that just tootle away to themselves behind the clouds all around you, torrential rain one minute, glorious sunshine the next - all quite often in one day!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Totally predictable here in Canberra - blue skies one day, sunny the next. I scour the BOM site for a patch of blue rain pretty much every day. After a while it gets just as depressing as people seem to find the UK with its unpredictability! The only difference here is that it gets colder (and sunny) in winter and hotter (and sunny) in summer!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And lets hope it never gets predictable or I'll be out of a job
Been unpredictable enough for you this year, huh, Polly?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

chrisall is an unknown quantity at this point

Will gladly swap our predictable rain for your predictable sun.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 11:08 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Likes the snow so moves to WA

Lol

Post of the week ???
Old Jun 6th 2009, 11:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Got up this morning to brilliant sunshine and blue skies, chilly but not bad. Suddenly thunder rumbles and we're now just put the lights on as it's got so dark and the rains arrived - just in time for Tiddler to go up to Movieworld for the day. Predictable? Hardly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.