Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else fed up?

Is anyone else fed up?

Old May 3rd 2005, 2:48 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Is anyone else fed up?

Hi,
We now have our visa but are still left waiting around for UK housing market to pick up. We have looked at various options such as renting house etc but none of these are viable so we just have to sit and wait it out.
I don't want to sound as though I'm being ungrateful but having a visa and not being able to go anywhere is driving me nuts. I'm so miserable and I can't seem to shake it off.
Does anyone else feel like this? What have you done to make the waiting easier/less stressful?
Regards
Sarah
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:56 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else fed up?

Originally Posted by teach
Hi,
We now have our visa but are still left waiting around for UK housing market to pick up. We have looked at various options such as renting house etc but none of these are viable so we just have to sit and wait it out.
I don't want to sound as though I'm being ungrateful but having a visa and not being able to go anywhere is driving me nuts. I'm so miserable and I can't seem to shake it off.
Does anyone else feel like this? What have you done to make the waiting easier/less stressful?
Regards
Sarah
I am fed up too. Again we have visas but are waiting for the house to sell. There has been a bit of interest but no offers yet.

Work is the real problem. I only have a contract for 2 more months. It pays well but there are lots of periods where I have nothing to do. There doesn't seem any point leaving (although that may be out of my hands soon as the company is in trouble). So I sit here wishing the house was sold so we could get out to Perth and get on with our life. Thank god for this website I say!

We are trying to do car boot sales / open bank accounts or anything constructive but until the house is sold we aren't really doing anything much.

We manage to fill a lot of weekends visiting friends and family (and the occassional BE meet) so the weekends aren't too bad.
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Regards
Sarah
Hi,
Same here.We have had our visas since last May. Always wanted to go this August when my oldest daughter leaves school but waiting for a buyer. August keeps looking less and less likely.
I hadn't been on this site for a while and have been coming back on for the last couple of weeks. This has kept me occupied/ sane unfortunately I don't seem to do much else . You become addicted
Tracey.
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Sarah,
Same problem for us. Havent had a viewing in 4 weeks now. Cant get the buggers in. Still wondering what we are going to do when the time comes, as we have booked our tickets for the 6th of August regardless. Dont want to leave house empty, dont want to rent. This is the most stressful part of the whole process. Lets hope that after the elections people start buying again. Cant believe that nobody is buying anymore. Hope you and family are well.

chris
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:08 pm
blossom

We're in the same boat, although we got our pr visa back in the 80's and have Australian Citizenship so we can up and go - but not until the house sells.

Also, I'm facing redundancy / redeployment in August is it would be really beneficial for us to sell now and take the redundancy thank you very much - but if it drags on I don't know what I'll do.

regards
Blossom

Old May 3rd 2005, 3:11 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I will try and post something positive before we start a mass suicide

The market has paused a little until the election is over. Assuming Blair gets back in then the stock markets / retail sales / interest rates will all go back to / continue on as normal. Buyers will make those offers they have been holding back on and all our houses will sell quickly. So after we get to enjoy our last British summer we can all head off to our new lives in time for the Aussie Autumn so we can have a few weeks acclimitising for the Summer heat then get the kids started in school in time for the new school year.
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Sarah,
Same problem for us. Havent had a viewing in 4 weeks now. Cant get the buggers in. Still wondering what we are going to do when the time comes, as we have booked our tickets for the 6th of August regardless. Dont want to leave house empty, dont want to rent. This is the most stressful part of the whole process. Lets hope that after the elections people start buying again. Cant believe that nobody is buying anymore. Hope you and family are well.

chris
Hi Chris,

Miracles do happen, I'm sure a buyer will be along soon... fingers crossed our chain stays together..

Julie

Julie
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:18 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Regards
Sarah
Ditto.
We have had our visas since June last year. House has been on the market for nearly 9 months.
Totally fed up with being in Limbo as are the rest of you.
I know that there are lots of people a lot worse of, and that is exactly what I keep telling myself but just had enough today and totally p****d off.
We really thought today may be the day. Cash buyers came for 2nd viewing on Saturday and mentioned the word offer on their way out but alas nothing today.
Please god throw me a light and let Chelsea win tonight.
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:35 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Regards
Sarah
in reply to all these replies about having visa and waiting for the house to sell, if you had your time again, would you have put the house on the market at the beginning/or just after you started the process to migrate?

we have put our house on the market 3 weeks ago. we only submitted our TRA at the beginning of april. we are being too previous, but we didn't want to be in a position of having the visas and a house to sell. we need the profit from the house sale to go.

sometimes i go into a panic, and think "OMG, what if the house sells". we figured if it sells, we will go into rented accom. a friend of ours has just sold her house after 12 months on the market. that is the time scale we are looking at. if it sells before.......

anyway the crux of this reply, is would you have put your houses up for sale earlier than you did?
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bun
in reply to all these replies about having visa and waiting for the house to sell, if you had your time again, would you have put the house on the market at the beginning/or just after you started the process to migrate?

we have put our house on the market 3 weeks ago. we only submitted our TRA at the beginning of april. we are being too previous, but we didn't want to be in a position of having the visas and a house to sell. we need the profit from the house sale to go.

sometimes i go into a panic, and think "OMG, what if the house sells". we figured if it sells, we will go into rented accom. a friend of ours has just sold her house after 12 months on the market. that is the time scale we are looking at. if it sells before.......

anyway the crux of this reply, is would you have put your houses up for sale earlier than you did?

I think alot depends on time of year and the market where you live, we went on October and just accepted an offer, so I would say sooner rather than later.. as you said you can always goin to rented..

go for it!!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bun

We would definately have put the house on the market sooner. I know it's hard when your waiting for visas to be granted and a great relief when they are, but the excitement has been dampened a bit because we still can't make any plans about when to go. We're stuck here until the house sells.

I just can't wait until we can book flights and arrange for the shippers to come in. Hopefully we'll all have more house selling luck in the coming weeks.

Good luck everyone

Tracy
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:06 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Sarah,

chris
Hi Chris,
same boat for us I'm afraid, 8 viewings but no offers yet.
Planning on September move ............. fingers crossed.

Cant possibly keep the house this tidy much longer
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:14 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracyd
We would definately have put the house on the market sooner. I know it's hard when your waiting for visas to be granted and a great relief when they are, but the excitement has been dampened a bit because we still can't make any plans about when to go. We're stuck here until the house sells.

I just can't wait until we can book flights and arrange for the shippers to come in. Hopefully we'll all have more house selling luck in the coming weeks.

Good luck everyone

Tracy
i really do hope that you all get a house buyer through your doors this weekend.....cash buyer....no chain....offer the full amount.....

i couldn't image a worst scenario, this whole expereince is long waiting game, and when you get to the end, you've still got to wait!!!!.....

good luck to all who are sitting on their visas....

michelle
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

RollingStone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

we are in the same boat. Put house up for sale in januray & had quite alot of viewings. Then got an offer in February but after much messing about from the buyer his side of the chain fell through & we are back to square one. Don't want to leave the house empty or rent.
We need to get our Visas validated by early July & coming into work is torture - I've got no motivation & spend much of my time checking this web site & other Oz related stuff.
If things don't change soon I may have to give up drinking!!!

Good luck.
Matt
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Regards
Sarah
Hi Sarah
its not an easy path is it? Perhaps BE could do with a "house Doctor". The woman on tv makes house selling look so easy. Splosh a tin of cream paint over the walls , de clutter and do up the garden and hey presto your house is sold in a week!
Sarah I can imagine the stress you are all going through.
my downer this weekend- just discovered that my NNEB isn't recognised ,in Victoria as they only recognise it post 1993 and I qualified before that!
So what are they saying the more experienced you are the less they want you?!!
Unless hubby chooses to get the job in OZ with his company we are now scuppered- untill we reach retirement age!!
Helen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.