Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else doing last day at school?

Anyone else doing last day at school?

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:24 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else doing last day at school?

Originally Posted by Margie
Sure is a small world.

Out of interest, did you grow up in Tetbury or go to Sir William Romney's school?

We visited Disneyland resort Paris at Easter, they have a ride called It's a Small World", now I've got their song in my head again"

Kemble's lovely, remember going to Air shows there when they still were home to the Red Arrows.

Margie
No - grew up in Fairford. Haven't got very far from there yet, have I?! But making up for it when we move to Australia! lol

And yes, I know where you are coming from with the "It's a small world" ride and song - a nice slow paced ride from what I remember! But an annoying song!

Binbird
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:06 pm
Margie

Margie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by binbird
No - grew up in Fairford. Haven't got very far from there yet, have I?! But making up for it when we move to Australia! lol

And yes, I know where you are coming from with the "It's a small world" ride and song - a nice slow paced ride from what I remember! But an annoying song!

Binbird
Bet you'll sing it all day now!
Know Fairford too.
Will keep in touch and hear how things go.

Cheers
Margie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 5:32 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I wish I knew if it was the last day All their friends are behaving like it is although everyone knows we're not going anywhere until the house sells. They all know both girls will probably be back in school in September but are giving pressies and surprises as if they're not. Really difficult situation.

Very emotional but also very heart warming to see how popular they both are. Big help knowing they will have no problems getting mates in Aus, but yes do feel wicked witch seeing 10 and 12 year old girls sobbing cos it's the end of the world Don't really want to go through this again when we finally go :scared:
Hiya Moneypen,
I know exactly how your children feel. It should have been my last day today but we still haven't exchanged on the house so I haven't handed my notice in. It was especially hard as another member of staff was leaving so it was a very emotional day. I know my time will come but I only have 9 more days to hand in my notice. After that I will have to return in September. I hope that I'm not there in September as I want to be in Australia but would have liked the chance to say goodbye to all the children.
Sarah
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Garland is on a distinguished road

Wow I never would have thought of starting a thread on this as I thought I was the only one (duh) and I just can't put into words how I feel today..(without crying!)
It is possibly my kids last day in Infants school too...but because of feet dragging on the business sale we didn't get complete confirmation of the sale so I too don't know if they will be back in September.
I feel so upset at not saying good-bye properly and really feel I have let the kids down by not giving them a proper send off, incase we end up not going.
It felt such the end of an era today..a huge part of our lives yet can't quite let it go and accept it's over as we STILL don't know what's happening!!!
I feel for all you out there who have had a tough day!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:26 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

i'm a year 5 teacher and have handed my notice in but have another week to get by before we break up...not looking forward to the goodbyes , my class threw themselves on the floor when i told them we were moving to oz! just got to look at the bigger picture when the sad bit is over it will be all happiness!! x loidy
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

my 3 said their goodbyes today, my 4yr old got presented with a giant card in the shape of a kangaroo and in it the kids had all signed their names on little pictures of boomerangs, my other 2 had scrap books presented with pictures and messages of the kids in their classes.
were hoping to go end of sept, so dont intend sending the kids back as we will be all over the place saying goodbyes etc.
just got CO and aknowlegement and got to send some more docs to them, then hopefully wont be too much longer.
I was in pieces reading all the lovely messages from the kids and staff

Trish
xx