Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else bought a car from Australian Fleet Sales???

Anyone else bought a car from Australian Fleet Sales???

Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:09 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Anyone else bought a car from Australian Fleet Sales???

Hi there!

Has anyone else had any experience with Australian Fleet Sales?? We were heading up to Pickles Auctions in Sydney and spotted a car in AFS's forecourt......should've kept driving

We bought the Chrysler People carrier with all sorts of promises about customer service ringing in our ears....they are quite a sizeable chain so we thought it would be a good move

Basically their service has been shocking. The A/C wasn't working, they re gased it no problem. It stopped working again and basically had the car back, pulled the dashboard off adn said the part we needed wasn't in Australia!!!!!! After 2 eeks I started to really lose patience and rang Chrysler to give them an earfull too- only to be told that there were SIX of the needed parts sitting in Melbourne (had been for at least a month) and I could have one by morning!!!

Needless to say i mentioned this to AFS and they sorted themselves out. Blow me if 7 days later the b+?$*y A/C stopped working again. Not a happy woman at this stage I insisted that the Chrysler Garage look at the car and fix it at AFS expense.......within a couple of hours Chrysler diagnosed the problem. I have to give it back to AFS to do the work (they won't pay Chrysler-too expensive). I have found the company to be appalling and basically they have lied through their teeth to me in the first 6 weeks of owning the car it had sat in their service dept for 2.5 weeks whilst they were apparently shipping the part in from Mars???!!!!

Just wondered if anyone else has had dealings with them?

And if you're thinking of dealing with them..... :scared: