Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else Adelaide bound?

Anyone else Adelaide bound?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone else Adelaide bound?

I'm sure this has been done loads of times before but I'm a new here and finding it hard to find things so just thought I'd start my own thread and hope people are kind enough to cut me some slack for duplication!

We got our visas in Jan and are now trying to sell the house. We have done it completely the wrong way round and got the tickets booked already for Oct 21st so I guess that's when we go.

When is everyone else heading over and have there been any meets in the Derbyshire area?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:57 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone else Adelaide bound?

Originally Posted by JoBoznOllie
I'm sure this has been done loads of times before but I'm a new here and finding it hard to find things so just thought I'd start my own thread and hope people are kind enough to cut me some slack for duplication!

We got our visas in Jan and are now trying to sell the house. We have done it completely the wrong way round and got the tickets booked already for Oct 21st so I guess that's when we go.

When is everyone else heading over and have there been any meets in the Derbyshire area?
We are Adelaide bound as soon as we get the bl**dy visa..it maybe sometime for us as we are still awaiting the medical requests.. But in my fantasy world we will be celebrating xmas 2005 on the beach in Adelaide..

CORKER
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point

The waits a killer isn't it! Are you applying for the 3 year state nominated visa? Apparently they are supposed to be fast tracking them but not sure how true that is.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:14 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

The waits a killer isn't it! Are you applying for the 3 year state nominated visa? Apparently they are supposed to be fast tracking them but not sure how true that is.
From the threads I've seen on here the fast tracked visas are all currently proceeding at the same pace as the ordinary visa.. unless you are a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon....!!!!!!

CORKER
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

Hi,

The following Site maybe of interest to you as its for people thinking, going, or gone to Adelaide.

Lots of info on Suburbs, Schools etc

http://s2.invisionfree.com/adelaidebrits

Martin
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

nik laws will become famous soon enough

Welcome! Im new to site as well only joined yesterday.Also hoping to be going to Adelaide.Just sent our TRA so long to way to go yet!!Anyone in northamptonshire area or around that organise meets? Good luck .
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

ADELAIDEBOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Anyone else Adelaide bound?

Originally Posted by nik laws
Welcome! Im new to site as well only joined yesterday.Also hoping to be going to Adelaide.Just sent our TRA so long to way to go yet!!Anyone in northamptonshire area or around that organise meets? Good luck .

I think the name says it all we fly out in August got our visas a couple of months back.
Nik we live in Lancs unfortunately.
After all the worrying and waiting we keep telling ourselves it'll be worth it but we can't help being a little scared.
Good luck to all you waiting.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ADELAIDEBOUND
I think the name says it all we fly out in August got our visas a couple of months back.
Nik we live in Lancs unfortunately.
After all the worrying and waiting we keep telling ourselves it'll be worth it but we can't help being a little scared.
Good luck to all you waiting.
Congratulations I can totally understand you being a little scared.Hope everything goes ok. How long did it take you to get your visa?nikki
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

ADELAIDEBOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations I can totally understand you being a little scared.Hope everything goes ok. How long did it take you to get your visa?nikki
Nikki, Thanks but that was yesteday, back to feeling good again. Applied for the visa May last year, granted February my wifes a nurse so it made it a lot easier. Good luck.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Myself, hubby and daughter (14) waiting for visa grant, sent 2 weeks ago so a long wait for us. Had meds done today and already have police checks to send. We would love to be there before Christmas
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Myself, hubby and daughter (14) waiting for visa grant, sent 2 weeks ago so a long wait for us. Had meds done today and already have police checks to send. We would love to be there before Christmas
Hi there,good luck with everything.hope you hear soon.Have you looked into area's in Adelaide ? What are your thoughts?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Hi there,good luck with everything.hope you hear soon.Have you looked into area's in Adelaide ? What are your thoughts?
We have never been to Australia so we are going in blind. As a nurse I am hoping to look at areas around Flinders medical centre or within easy commuting distance, how about you?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by s/nurse
We have never been to Australia so we are going in blind. As a nurse I am hoping to look at areas around Flinders medical centre or within easy commuting distance, how about you?
We have nt either,so we are going in blind too!Would like to find out more on area's if anyone knows Adelaide.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

We have nt either,so we are going in blind too!Would like to find out more on area's if anyone knows Adelaide.
whos going with you and what do you do? just being nosy!!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:41 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi everyone
We are also heading for Adelaide, eventually......
lots of info on areas in the FAQ section on Adelaidebrits, the link is above thanks to whoever posted it, I havn't worked that out yet !!
Carole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.