Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone coming to the Sunshine Coast?

Anyone coming to the Sunshine Coast?

Old Jul 6th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

tezluelle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone coming to the Sunshine Coast?

Hi there

We are planning to move to the Sunshine Coast sometime before Christmas next year! We too are keen to know more about the areas and would be very interested to read the blog mentioned but I can't see the link anywhere ( It has been a long day so far though)

Can someone help me out anad tell me where to find it!

UPDATE: FOUND THE BLOG,FANTASTIC WORK! LOOKING FORWARD TO READING IT TONIGHT!

Cheers
Thereze

Last edited by tezluelle; Jul 6th 2008 at 2:01 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:18 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

We are arriving the end of August! Really looking forward to it but getting really scared and a bit upset about family too There's me , the other half, 2 kiddies 1yr and 4yr. Hoping it won't be too difficult finding jobs etc. Interested to hear from anyone else in the same boat. PM me!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:19 pm

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, and we are looking at staying in Currimundi on arrival and going to check out most of the coast, is this a good spot as a base?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

mike andrews will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sklinky
Just wondered if anyone is coming to the sunshinecoast? The weather is great eventough it's winter and the whales are on the way!!!!
Hi Slinky
We are a family of 5 that will arrive in Mooloolaba on 28th July 2008 (not long now).We have 4 wks holiday accomodation booked and then will be desperately looking for a permanent rental. We would welcome any help with regards to a rental in Mountain Creek (primary school zone).
Cheers Lynn
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tezluelle
Hi there

We are planning to move to the Sunshine Coast sometime before Christmas next year! We too are keen to know more about the areas and would be very interested to read the blog mentioned but I can't see the link anywhere ( It has been a long day so far though)

Can someone help me out anad tell me where to find it!

UPDATE: FOUND THE BLOG,FANTASTIC WORK! LOOKING FORWARD TO READING IT TONIGHT!

Cheers
Thereze
Hi,
did you find it www.emigratesunshinecoast.com
Let me know what you think!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mike andrews
Hi Slinky
We are a family of 5 that will arrive in Mooloolaba on 28th July 2008 (not long now).We have 4 wks holiday accomodation booked and then will be desperately looking for a permanent rental. We would welcome any help with regards to a rental in Mountain Creek (primary school zone).
Cheers Lynn
Hi Lynne,
Do you want me to ask my colleague at work to help you find a permanent rental? That's her job!!!
If so conatct me on [email protected]
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by betsyboob
We are arriving the end of August! Really looking forward to it but getting really scared and a bit upset about family too There's me , the other half, 2 kiddies 1yr and 4yr. Hoping it won't be too difficult finding jobs etc. Interested to hear from anyone else in the same boat. PM me!
Hi there,
Don't stress it's all worth while and there are a few of us here already!!!! Your kiddies will love it over here!!
What kind of work are you both looking for? I would suggest staying around the Mooloolaba/ Maroochydore areas which are more central so you can widen your search area for jobs. Just my opinion though!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:23 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone coming to the Sunshine Coast? -DEMOGRAPHICS for the 'stattos'...

Hi,
did you find it www.emigratesunshinecoast.com
Let me know what you think!!!!
fantastic blog guys - all great info...and i can confirm after being here 3 years and migrating from coventry to caloundra with 2 small kids - we really do live in a bit of a paradise.

and i hope you dont mind - theres some more info on demographics for the 'stattos' amongst us ...and if you look carefully it indicates where to invest money in property over the next few years

cheers J
Attached Files
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:09 am

Hi there,
Don't stress it's all worth while and there are a few of us here already!!!! Your kiddies will love it over here!!
What kind of work are you both looking for? I would suggest staying around the Mooloolaba/ Maroochydore areas which are more central so you can widen your search area for jobs. Just my opinion though!!!!

HI Oh is a plumber, i have the little uns so will be looking for part time work, poss admin or shop work....whatever i can get hold of!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

hi sklinky were arriving on the 16th october and looking at the sunshine coast also.i,m a chippy,sarah is a waitress and 2 kids 8&10.just had a look at your blogg,thanx darrell&sarah
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mike andrews
Hi Slinky
Cheers Lynn

Hi Lynn

I've just posted a Classified Ad for our rental house in Buderim Pines. Unfortunately I think it just falls outside the primary school zone, but is definitely within the High School zone. It's in Yew Court so might be worth a check with the School. Lovely large house, 3 beds but with large office which could be used as a bedroom, heaps of room and a solar heated pool) Here's a link if you're interested http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1216020170

Good luck with your move.

Chrissy
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
hi sklinky were arriving on the 16th october and looking at the sunshine coast also.i,m a chippy,sarah is a waitress and 2 kids 8&10.just had a look at your blogg,thanx darrell&sarah
Hi there,

You should have no problem being a chippy, I can put you in touch with our builder when you get here!! And plenty of restaurants in Maroochydoe and Mooloolaba!!!
See you soon!!!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by betsyboob
HI Oh is a plumber, i have the little uns so will be looking for part time work, poss admin or shop work....whatever i can get hold of!
I can put you in touch with our builder for plumbing work!!!And there are plenty of shops in Maroochydore and Mooloolaba, good luck and hope to see you soon!!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

You should have no problem being a chippy, I can put you in touch with our builder when you get here!! And plenty of restaurants in Maroochydoe and Mooloolaba!!!
See you soon!!!
many thanx look forward to seeing you
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Just curious.....what is the main source of revenue / business on the Sunshine Coast? Other than the obvious service related industries - what do most people do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.