Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Brisbane south side with kids???

Anyone Brisbane south side with kids???

Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:02 pm
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone Brisbane south side with kids???

Well we arrived 3 weeks ago and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. I have started work in the CBD and we are in the process of getting our girls (9 and 12) into schools. I have found a nice rental in Greenslopes and so far we are enjoying it all - but .... when I look out the window of my Queenslander there are no people!!! We have introduced ourselves to the neighbours who are nice and polite, but not in the market for new mates (at least, not us!) and all the kids in this area seem to have been swept away and locked up somewhere.... So this is a plea - If there's anyone near me out there, especially with similar age kids, do you fancy getting together for a beer?
Cheers
Caroline
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone Brisbane south side with kids???

Originally Posted by Caroline B
Well we arrived 3 weeks ago and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. I have started work in the CBD and we are in the process of getting our girls (9 and 12) into schools. I have found a nice rental in Greenslopes and so far we are enjoying it all - but .... when I look out the window of my Queenslander there are no people!!! We have introduced ourselves to the neighbours who are nice and polite, but not in the market for new mates (at least, not us!) and all the kids in this area seem to have been swept away and locked up somewhere.... So this is a plea - If there's anyone near me out there, especially with similar age kids, do you fancy getting together for a beer?
Cheers
Caroline
wish i was there to have that beer with you but sadly still here in the u.k just here to wish you luck and im sure once the girls start school no doubt your new life will begin all the best
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:42 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Brisbane south side with kids???

Originally Posted by Caroline B
Cheers
Caroline
Hi guys,

We arrived nearly 8 months ago to Manly West. Found the same thing about no-one outside. It was hard adjusting cause we came from a really friendly cul de sac with lots of kids. You'll find things a bit easier when the kids get into school. Also check out the meet at the Gap on Feb 10th. There's a few expats going to that. If there's anything else just shout.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:32 am
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Anyone Brisbane south side with kids???

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi guys,

We arrived nearly 8 months ago to Manly West. Found the same thing about no-one outside. It was hard adjusting cause we came from a really friendly cul de sac with lots of kids. You'll find things a bit easier when the kids get into school. Also check out the meet at the Gap on Feb 10th. There's a few expats going to that. If there's anything else just shout.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks, I'll give that a go - don't seem to be any expats in this area - just Ozzies who are nice enough, but not interested in bring mates!