Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

XMAS HANGOVER CURE!.... in Notts - Jan

XMAS HANGOVER CURE!.... in Notts - Jan

Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:38 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of
Default XMAS HANGOVER CURE!.... in Notts - Jan

Thought the next meet ought to be January because of everyones Xmas commitments is everyone ok with that?

4500 miles from Delhi in town and I will book it for shall we say Saturday 20th January? I promised a few people a Saturday nite meet and someothers it would be earlier in January - however I can't make beginning of Jan as we are over in Spain.

Hope this is ok with everyone???

Let me know numbers and I will start organising discount

Hope this email finds everyone fit and well and closer to the ultimate Xmas present - that Oz Visa we are all aiming for.

Last edited by Jodie n' Mark; Dec 1st 2006 at 7:23 am.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: XMAS HANGOVER CURE!.... in Notts - Jan

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Thought the next meet ought to be January because of everyones Xmas commitments is everyone ok with that?

4500 miles from Delhi in town and I will book it for shall we say Saturday 20th January? I promised a few people a Saturday nite meet and someothers it would be earlier in January - however I can't make beginning of Jan as we are over in Spain.

Let me know numbers and I will start oganising discount

Hope this email finds everyone fit and well and closer to the ultimate Xmas present - that Oz Visa we are all aiming for.
Yep as ever - count me and Andrew in! Might be able to squeeze you in !!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:24 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nick11
Yep as ever - count me and Andrew in! Might be able to squeeze you in !!
To Adelaide or your diary
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Will see what we can do - haven't even got next years calendar out yet! Slow down woman we have to finish 2006 before we can start January
Jo & Steve

Let me know numbers and I will start organising discount

Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Will see what we can do - haven't even got next years calendar out yet! Slow down woman we have to finish 2006 before we can start January
Jo & Steve
You should know Jodie by now.Efficient she is! Thinking of going to adelaide with her and mark at the same time- purely because she is the most organised person I know.Won't have to worry about anything! Only kidding Jodie - no need to panic!!
Jodie - would it be possible for them to do a buffet for us, if the numbers are as big as last time.Thought it might be less complicated when it comes to paying the bill!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:49 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jodie & Mark

You can count us in, it will give us all something to look forward to, Jan is alway a long month especially when you are waiting for a VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will we be the last men standing once again???

We need to know whether they serve XXXX as Steve is only drinking that in preparation... its not to his liking at the minute but his philosophy is if he drinks enough it will get better.

Cheers

Mel 'n' Steve
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

KahunaBlue is on a distinguished road

Count us in too!! I'll aim to remember everyones names this time!

We'll be back from our validation trip with loads of stories to tell and hopefully a tan too!!

Karen & Andy
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:44 pm
We Have Arrived!

You should know Jodie by now.Efficient she is! Thinking of going to adelaide with her and mark at the same time- purely because she is the most organised person I know.Won't have to worry about anything! Only kidding Jodie - no need to panic!!
Jodie - would it be possible for them to do a buffet for us, if the numbers are as big as last time.Thought it might be less complicated when it comes to paying the bill!!
They do an Emporers banquet and its delicious last time we ate there, there was 8 of we drank 9 bottles of wine had free shorts given to us as the table downstairs were noisy and others had complained (we didn't) and I got my staff discount. We ate bucket loads and they just bought more out. We paid around 250 for all of us I thought they had fogotten the wine, but no it was on there - they also had included a small tip - I had to force the waiter to take £20 as well as we were that impressed great service, prices and people are lovely there. As for going with me to Adelaide you'd all be very welcome I would negotiate a discount for bulk purchases naturally!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:50 pm
We Have Arrived!

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
Hi Jodie & Mark

You can count us in, it will give us all something to look forward to, Jan is alway a long month especially when you are waiting for a VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will we be the last men standing once again???

We need to know whether they serve XXXX as Steve is only drinking that in preparation... its not to his liking at the minute but his philosophy is if he drinks enough it will get better.

Cheers

Mel 'n' Steve

You bet me n Nick will definately the last there as for standing well you'd better ask Nick!

You can't drink XXXX in an Indian its against my religion (no offence meant) you have to drink Tiger if you are drinking beer in there it was brewed specially to eat with Indian Cuisine and apparently enhances the flavours!! Me I stick with the wine....

Deffo agree with you about January and hopefully it will help tempt fate and Dima to deliver our Visas!

Karen and Andy I will remember to bring name tags wonder if Nic has them at school???
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

You bet me n Nick will definately the last there as for standing well you'd better ask Nick!

You can't drink XXXX in an Indian its against my religion (no offence meant) you have to drink Tiger if you are drinking beer in there it was brewed specially to eat with Indian Cuisine and apparently enhances the flavours!! Me I stick with the wine....

Deffo agree with you about January and hopefully it will help tempt fate and Dima to deliver our Visas!

Karen and Andy I will remember to bring name tags wonder if Nic has them at school???
Yep - no probs.And I was very very good at the last meet - totally sober!Have you got a co Jodie - been reading on adelaide brits that others have .
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:58 pm
We Have Arrived!

Yep - no probs.And I was very very good at the last meet - totally sober!Have you got a co Jodie - been reading on adelaide brits that others have .
No Case Officer as yet but have received acknowledgement Agent thinks it will be January before we have a CO so I am sulking at present....

Hows yours progressing and hows your diary coming for December/Jan?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:07 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to say that we'll be there but we are hoping to be outa here by then . Our assuror had his interview last week and now we are just waiting for the bond request and our 'got it' email.

We've sold the main car today, now have our £300 banger to last us til we fly. Girls had last swimming lessons yesterday, eldest had last drama/dance classes today. The goodbyes have already started and I've been tearful all evening but I suppose that's to be expected.

We're off to Rome for 4 nights on Wednesday to take our minds off things......

Lou
xx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Weasy
Would love to say that we'll be there but we are hoping to be outa here by then . Our assuror had his interview last week and now we are just waiting for the bond request and our 'got it' email.

We've sold the main car today, now have our £300 banger to last us til we fly. Girls had last swimming lessons yesterday, eldest had last drama/dance classes today. The goodbyes have already started and I've been tearful all evening but I suppose that's to be expected.

We're off to Rome for 4 nights on Wednesday to take our minds off things......

Lou
xx

Will have to meet up next summer in Adelaide(or do I mean winter) to have our xmas cure(any excuse to party!)
Lou - did you visit Hallett cove on your reccie? Was wondering if anybody had been there ?
BTW Heard from Bubbles in Brisbane - she's loving teaching there.
Sal is thinking of renting in mornington, but is open to the idea of moving state. They're off on a reccie. She sounds very happy.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 8:01 am
We Have Arrived!

Will have to meet up next summer in Adelaide(or do I mean winter) to have our xmas cure(any excuse to party!)
Lou - did you visit Hallett cove on your reccie? Was wondering if anybody had been there ?
Sal is thinking of renting in mornington, but is open to the idea of moving state. They're off on a reccie. She sounds very happy.

That's a deffo Nic -

Weasy - good luck on your travels adn keep in touch with us - we'll need a welcome committee when we get there!

Glad to hear Bubbles and Sally are well and enjoying it over there - Sally looks well happy in the photos.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:01 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely Nick, I'll have the barbie ready if it's not too cold there by then. Lots of other places to meet though.

Yes, we did go to Hallett Cove and, whilst it's not for us a lot of people love it there. It is very pretty, quite hilly, got a mall which is tatty but I believe there are plans for a brand spanking shiny new one. As it's on the coast the plot sizes are smaller than we want and some of the drives are very steep. The worst bit for us is that a lot of houses have a smashing view of a rather large oil refinery which is just next to Hallett Cove. I know a couple of people who live there and will be seeing them again when we move there but for us we want the hills/foothills. Horses for courses and all that.

Lou
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.