Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Albany?

Anyone been to Albany?

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:03 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Anyone been to Albany?

We were thinking about taking a holiday to Albany over Easter and wondered if anyone had been?

Has anyone done the tree top walk at Walpole or have any ideas on where to visit?
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been to Albany for a week and it was cold, cold, cold, temps were around 19 and that was last month.!! If you are going to camp, try Fishermans Bay campsite really nice, amenities are basic but the view is awesome. Plus its local to all the awesome rock views, (The gap etc.)

Nice countryside down that way, people seem a lot nicer than Perth, Denmark really pretty place.

Would think Easter Time you would be better heading North, maybe others can advise.

The positive is it will get you climatised for UK!

Sorry to hear about husbands job (on previous thread).

Chris & Donna
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:33 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by karawara88
Been to Albany for a week and it was cold, cold, cold, temps were around 19 and that was last month.!! If you are going to camp, try Fishermans Bay campsite really nice, amenities are basic but the view is awesome. Plus its local to all the awesome rock views, (The gap etc.)

Nice countryside down that way, people seem a lot nicer than Perth, Denmark really pretty place.

Would think Easter Time you would be better heading North, maybe others can advise.

The positive is it will get you climatised for UK!

Sorry to hear about husbands job (on previous thread).

Chris & Donna
Thank goodness You're alive!!!! Where are you!!! Hope you're both ok!!!

The climate isn't a problem, I could do with feeling cold right now! Taking the dog, so not camping. Thought about Kalbarri but someone said not much to do for a whole week, is it to far for a weekend?
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kalbarri is a fair old trek for a weekend, but personally I think you will struggle for things to do in Albany for a week.

Anyway we are still alive and now living in Dianella until March 21st ish then off to Malaysia then going HOME

Donna reguarly sings choruses of Going Home !! she has not posted since we got back. Brain is probably still numb from seeing miles of trees and rocks and sleeping in a bloody van.

If you want to go to for a nice day on the beach go to Guilderton. See pics on last thread "going Home"http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=211882

Last edited by karawara88; Feb 23rd 2004 at 4:54 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Jane - my neice went on a "budget" weekend down there (flask of coffee and a tent) this weekend, I'll see her on Sunday so I'll ask how it went & report back. They went Sat and are doming back today.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 7:02 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, been on a few holidays down there.
Don't remember much.

I think you'll be fine for a week if relaxing is part of it too.

Albany itself isn't that interesting I think, but things you can do in the 'Great Southern' area:
- Whale museum thingy at Albany
- The Porongurups (NP/hills) or the Stirling Ranges a bit further
- all the coasts around (I love the Elephant Rocks beach, William Bay NP I think) and the Natural Bridge etc
- Denmark and Walpole with the inlets and the Valley of the Giants (with the Tree Top walk)
- on the way down you could make a stop at Pemberton for the Gloucester Tree (61 m, you can climb it)
- wineries (not only in Margeret River area, here too)

Check out this link:
http://www.westernaustralia.net/disc...th/index.shtml