Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody taken cowhide to Australia?

Anybody taken cowhide to Australia?

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Anybody taken cowhide to Australia?

We have a beautiful cowhide chaise lounge (sp?) that I cannot bear to leave behind. Anyone has success taking cowhide to Aus?

TIA
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:31 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody taken cowhide to Australia?

Originally Posted by happymum
We have a beautiful cowhide chaise lounge (sp?) that I cannot bear to leave behind. Anyone has success taking cowhide to Aus?

TIA

nope we didnae bring the MIL

sorry hubbys mum....you know I'm only jokin, me wuves u really
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 10:47 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

TIA
It would depend on how much treatment it has had ,if its green hide i would say no , Check the AQIS web site ..................... mm
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I took some leather shoes into New Zealand...........

Don't suppose that really helps much, does it?
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:20 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

is a leather settee not like a version of that and all shoes supose if it is a treated one may be ok....

but, we got picked up for a shed snake skin left behind a photo of my son in Tenerife with the snake around his neck.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 2:52 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA
I brought some Spring Box hides in and no problem with those.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I brought some Spring Box hides in and no problem with those.
Hi Vanessa

Thanks for your reply, had they been treated? Our one must have been as it is all made in Europe and stitched into a pad for the chaise longue, but I guess you have to prove it to AQIS. Did you have to take documents outlining what chemical or heat processes the hides had been through?

TIA

PS. Are you also from SA? I was born there, now living in London. Moving to Perth. We hope! But not without my chaise lounge!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 6:26 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vanessa

Thanks for your reply, had they been treated? Our one must have been as it is all made in Europe and stitched into a pad for the chaise longue, but I guess you have to prove it to AQIS. Did you have to take documents outlining what chemical or heat processes the hides had been through?

TIA

PS. Are you also from SA? I was born there, now living in London. Moving to Perth. We hope! But not without my chaise lounge!
http://www.affa.gov.au/content/publi...3E5D87CAB8AF20
looks like they have to be declared for inpection, You could be taking a Gamble , and have to pay for treatment.................mm
Old Dec 4th 2005, 8:03 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vanessa

TIA

Hi Tia,

AQIS didn't ask anything about them. I put them on the form but nothing was said. I don't have anything to say that they have been treated or otherwise. I am sure that yours will be ok, especially if part of a couch. I wouldn't have thought it was any different from something made from leather.

Not from SA but love it. Been to Cape Town on several occasions and will probably go back in February for a week or two, time permitting.