Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody live on the Gold Coast

Anybody live on the Gold Coast

Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

sarn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody live on the Gold Coast

Is there anybody living on the Gold Coast that could give us some info as we are thinking about heading down that way?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody live on the Gold Coast

Originally posted by sarn
Is there anybody living on the Gold Coast that could give us some info as we are thinking about heading down that way?
Yep - it's just like Diddington in UK !!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

what info do you need?
where we are is at the extreme south of the gold coast, about a mile south of coolangatta, on the border. personally, i'm glad we are just south of the busy bit, too much traffic, very built up etc. (don't even mention the tugun bypass!)
we are moving a little bit further south soon, to murwillumbah which is a lovely quaint old town.
karen
Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:05 am
ABCDiamond

We are about an hour north of the Gold Coast, its an easy drive from there to Brisbane these days.

Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:10 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope...nobody...no one here...just swamp...and swamp gas...and Sir Bruce Small...the swamp bastard...
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

We were down at Surfers Paradise today - the beach was great! House prices are very expensive down there - and I have been told there is not much work. [Best place in the world to be if you are unemployed is one comment I was told recently]. It's about an hour drive from Brisbane, so is just about commutable if you get a job on the Southside or the CBD.

Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karenvirginia
what info do you need?
where we are is at the extreme south of the gold coast, about a mile south of coolangatta, on the border. personally, i'm glad we are just south of the busy bit, too much traffic, very built up etc. (don't even mention the tugun bypass!)
we are moving a little bit further south soon, to murwillumbah which is a lovely quaint old town.
karen
Hi there

We are looking to move to Currumbin Valley in July this year. Can you let me know how you have found living in that neck of the woods. We were there for 2 weeks over Xmas and we loved it.

Many thanks

Sharon Pasquill
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Sarn
Are you thinking of moving to the Gold Coast? We were debating between the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. We have chosen the Gold Coast (at the moment) and we are off in the next few months.

I would be interested in your views.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by debsy
Sarn
Are you thinking of moving to the Gold Coast? We were debating between the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. We have chosen the Gold Coast (at the moment) and we are off in the next few months.

I would be interested in your views.
Gold Coast: Lived there for the whole of 94 and returned in 2000 to find it was twice the size! It's grown incredibly over the past decade.

We lived in Southport at the top end of the coast near Main Beach. Fantastic life in every way but further towards Surfers P and it gets a little less refined, street signs in Japanese. Essentially great climate but the Marbella of Oz.

Spent a fair bit of time on the Sunschine Coast, especially Noosa and Sunshine Beach. Much less developed and more rural in every way. Two hours north of Brisbane if my memory serves me right.

I'd prefer the latter. I's prefer to be in Aus!

Hope this helps

B
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I agree with you Berian, the Gold Coast is very "touristy". However, as my husband is in the hospitality business' I think that the Gold Coast might be better for us at the moment.

We have been there a couple of times and only made fleeting visit to the Sunshine Coast. We shall, however, be investigating opportunities on both coastlines when we arrive.