Rrv

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Rrv

Am in a right lather and would welcome any comfort you can offer.

Am faced with the prospect of emigrating in twelve weeks time.

My wife, eldest daughter and I all have validated perm residency visas but our most recent arrival is currently being sponsored through the process (by myself) and its a bit tight regrading the timings but we'll get there.

Our probelem is that my perm residency runs out in October.
My current employer requires some consioderable notice and If I were to resign this minute they could ask me to stay until Christmas (working Sept to Dec)

Our current plan is to emigrate once our youngest daughter is approved, for all the family to stay and for me to to return to the Uk to work in Sept, Oct and Nov. However if my RRV isn't approved I leave my family in Oz and have no way of return and would be unemployed.

Does anyone have any RRV expereince? Are we being bonkers and need a slap of reality or should it all be straightforward?

Berian
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you validated? Have you spent 2 years in Australia within the last five?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:23 am

Once you are in Oz you are a PR. You will lose PR if you leave Oz. To get an RRV you must have spent 2 years in the last 5 years as a PR in Australia.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by bondipom
Have you validated? Have you spent 2 years in Australia within the last five?
validated in 2000 but resided in UK since then.

Are likely to have been in Oz for six/eight weeks before RRv application.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Once you are in Oz you are a PR. You will lose PR if you leave Oz. To get an RRV you must have spent 2 years in the last 5 years as a PR in Australia.
i believe there are two RRV's

5 years if you have been there for 2 years

3 months if you have been teher more than 1 day but less than 2 years
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:30 am

Originally posted by Berian
validated in 2000 but resided in UK since then.

Are likely to have been in Oz for six/eight weeks before RRv application.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will not have a hope of getting an RRV. You must have spent 2 years in Australia. To get an RRV you must stay here for 2 years. You cannot even leave the country (if the enter by date on your visa has passed)unless it is an emergency (DIMIA will give you a 3 month RRV).

I will be getting citizenship as soon as I am allowed so I can spend extended periods abroad.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:36 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

If you have a 5 year RRV, couldn't you go abroad for a couple of years, the come back before it runs out, then renew it?

jib
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:37 am

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1085.pdf

From the above form it looks like you have to have compelling and compassionate reasons to apply for a 3 month RRV.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:43 am

Originally posted by jib
If you have a 5 year RRV, couldn't you go abroad for a couple of years, the come back before it runs out, then renew it?
jib
You can only renew an RRV if you have spent 2 of the last 5 years in Australia. If you have maintained the above residenc then what you suggest is possible.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

You can only renew an RRV if you have spent 2 of the last 5 years in Australia. If you have maintained the above residenc then what you suggest is possible.
The two year issue is out of the window.

The form does state significant ties to Australia.

I suppose it depends if they considera wife and two childern a significant tie - I suspect not.

Because my wife hasn't worked regularly in the past 2 years haveing had a baby it would appear she wouldn't be able to sponser me as her spouse would it?

Looking at this form all angles
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:40 am

Originally posted by Berian
The two year issue is out of the window.

The form does state significant ties to Australia.

I suppose it depends if they considera wife and two childern a significant tie - I suspect not.

Because my wife hasn't worked regularly in the past 2 years haveing had a baby it would appear she wouldn't be able to sponser me as her spouse would it?

Looking at this form all angles
If your wife is in OZ as a PR then the situation changes. She can sponsor you from Australia. Look at booklet 1 (1127) on www.immi.gov.au/allforms. Processing time at the London AHC is between a few days (for straight forward front end loaded cases) to 4 months.

London AHC apps rarely get requests for an AOS (Assurance of support).
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:41 am

Not sure what is defined as a significant tie. JAJ or ptlabs are the best qualified to determine that.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure what is defined as a significant tie. JAJ or ptlabs are the best qualified to determine that.
can you please explain JAJ or ptlabs?

Back to RRV - what about a spouse and two (dependant children) and a job offer?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 5:53 am

JAJ and ptlabs are 2 members whose knowledge of the migration acts and practise is excellent.

If your spouse is present in Australia as a PR then she can sponsor you regardless of earnings, kids or job offer. If DIMIA think you are at risk of claiming welfare then they will ask for an AOS. An AOS request is very rare for native English speakers applying at the London AHC.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JAJ and ptlabs are 2 members whose knowledge of the migration acts and practise is excellent.

If your spouse is present in Australia as a PR then she can sponsor you regardless of earnings, kids or job offer. If DIMIA think you are at risk of claiming welfare then they will ask for an AOS. An AOS request is very rare for native English speakers applying at the London AHC.
Talk about troughs and peaks!

So Ruth stays in Oz wuith the girls from Sept to Dec.

i return to England and settle evrything up.

I apply for mifgration being sponsored by her.

My Perm residency visa expires on 11th Oct. Can I lodge this before then? I assume my perm residency visa will still be active so .......

At least I know what I'm heading to having lived and worked in Southport on the Gold Coast for a year and having returned more recently, to initiate the visa, for study.

What about more comlex matters such as mortagees. Does it really take 2 years of employment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.