Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody homesick of Oz?

Anybody homesick of Oz?

Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:05 pm
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Anybody homesick of Oz?

Well, I am. Just arrived from our validation trip and, honestly, it was love at first sight with Victoria. We stayed in East Melbourne and loved every minute of our stay. In as much as I want to scream "stay", we can't. well, not for the next year or two - personal reasons. Though we 're not ready for the move, its necessary we applied last year as we may never make it if we had delayed it. And am glad we did!
Gee, I can't imagine I fell for this country! We're a travelling family as my hubby's job entails us to do so - and had seen and lived in so many countries. I must say, Australia has a certain appeal I will want to come back.I'm not wearing my rose-tainted glasses. I know its not a perfect place, yet, I know I can live my life there.

Cheers!

Hannah
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:20 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice
Default Re: Anybody homesick of Oz?

Originally Posted by amendoza
Well, I am. Just arrived from our validation trip and, honestly, it was love at first sight with Victoria. We stayed in East Melbourne and loved every minute of our stay. In as much as I want to scream "stay", we can't. well, not for the next year or two - personal reasons. Though we 're not ready for the move, its necessary we applied last year as we may never make it if we had delayed it. And am glad we did!
Gee, I can't imagine I fell for this country! We're a travelling family as my hubby's job entails us to do so - and had seen and lived in so many countries. I must say, Australia has a certain appeal I will want to come back.I'm not wearing my rose-tainted glasses. I know its not a perfect place, yet, I know I can live my life there.

Cheers!

Hannah
Good on ya! Thats exactly how I felt..and now everytime I go back to Oz I feel like I have gone home.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

Originally Posted by amendoza

Cheers!

Hannah
I loved it too...can't wait the next few weeks before I return...hope the dog likes it as much as I do..!!!!! My wife is coming too..!!!!
Oldgit
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you liked it on your visit. I fell in love with Australia on a holiday 2 years ago and just had to come back.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

~so lovely to read happy positive comments...*S*....i am an aussie in Canada ..been here 6 months now....i came here to marry my wonderful Canadian man....

am i homesick YOU BET..!!!....i miss the BEACH soooo much...i am a coastal girl...and cannot wait to feel that TRUE Golden sand under my feet again...

oh and yes i do miss vegemite......heheheeee
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:01 am
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
~so lovely to read happy positive comments...*S*....i am an aussie in Canada ..been here 6 months now....i came here to marry my wonderful Canadian man....

am i homesick YOU BET..!!!....i miss the BEACH soooo much...i am a coastal girl...and cannot wait to feel that TRUE Golden sand under my feet again...

oh and yes i do miss vegemite......heheheeee
Hi, you can buy Vegemite on the Canadian Ebay. That's what I do, it's worth it I reckon (I'm currently in the UK & buy it on the UK Ebay sometimes - sad but true! ).

See here: http://tinyurl.com/ao4ck
Old Sep 11th 2005, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Astro
Hi, you can buy Vegemite on the Canadian Ebay. That's what I do, it's worth it I reckon (I'm currently in the UK & buy it on the UK Ebay sometimes - sad but true! ).

hope this helps but you can buy vegimight in asda
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Astro

thankyou!....and yes they sell it in my local supermarket too..and it is expensive to buy....over $4 for a tiny jar that lasts me about a week......Back in Oz i would have vegemite everyday on toast..for breakfast...ok i might miss a day ot 2 ..but i am sure you getmy meaning.

i spose what i am more reffering too is the over all mentality and acceptance of our great vegemite *bows*.....

as each time i use it here.....i hear..*oh that stuff smells*..it looks disgusting etc etc... ..hehehehee....
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:06 pm
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by charlie brown
hope this helps but you can buy vegimight in asda
Thanks for the heads up, I'm aware of that, but don't have an ASDA anywhere near me.