Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody in Adelaide???

Anybody in Adelaide???

Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:37 am
Just Joined

JulesSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody in Adelaide???

We are 2 30-somethings that arrived in Adelaide 3 weeks ago and were looking on here to see if there was anybody else out there from the UK that have found themselves in the SA part of the world??? I see the Meet Ups are all in Sydney and Brisbane ... does anybody fancy a Meet Up for a beer, chat and a laugh in Adelaide anytime soon???

If there is any interest out there let me know.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:42 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody in Adelaide???

Originally Posted by JulesSA
We are 2 30-somethings that arrived in Adelaide 3 weeks ago and were looking on here to see if there was anybody else out there from the UK that have found themselves in the SA part of the world??? I see the Meet Ups are all in Sydney and Brisbane ... does anybody fancy a Meet Up for a beer, chat and a laugh in Adelaide anytime soon???

If there is any interest out there let me know.
there`s plenty of peeps in here
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
you would`nt wanna meet up with me though cos i`m a knobhead
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wengerboy
there`s plenty of peeps in here
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
you would`nt wanna meet up with me though cos i`m a knobhead
hehehe thanks for the link!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:42 am
Just Joined

scuttle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, we have been out here for nearly two years now, and know a few brits that live out here now. How are you finding it out here? We catch up regularly and you would be more than welcome to come along if you fancy it.
We are 'normal', and not stalker type axe murderers!!!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scuttle
Hi there, we have been out here for nearly two years now, and know a few brits that live out here now. How are you finding it out here? We catch up regularly and you would be more than welcome to come along if you fancy it.
We are 'normal', and not stalker type axe murderers!!!!!!
Hi,

We are loving the place so far, fairly settled and got most things sorted out. We are just job-hunting at the mo!

Thanks for the invite, that is real nice of you. We would love to come along to the next 'get-together' as we need to start building some social networks ... we have no family here and only know about 3 other people!!!

Please let me know.

Jules
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

If there are any get togethers add us in we arrive on 7th December
jacqui
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by s/nurse
If there are any get togethers add us in we arrive on 7th December
jacqui
Hi Jacqui,

Not long to go now!! I know our last couple of weeks in the UK were busy, busy, busy!!! Parties. drinks, going out, family get-togethers, etc. etc.

What are your plans when you arrive? Where are you living? Do you have family here?

It will be nice if you come along to a 'get-together' ... we won't be the only newbies!!!!

Jules
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JulesSA
Hi Jacqui,

Not long to go now!! I know our last couple of weeks in the UK were busy, busy, busy!!! Parties. drinks, going out, family get-togethers, etc. etc.

What are your plans when you arrive? Where are you living? Do you have family here?

It will be nice if you come along to a 'get-together' ... we won't be the only newbies!!!!

Jules
My liver is certainly taking a bashing at the moment!!!!!!
Wewill be staying at Adelaide Shores holiday Park, west beach for the first 2 weeks then we will be looking at areas around bedford park as this is where I will be working (flinders Private hospital)
We currently live in Coventry and have no family in australia although we do know a couple of people.
How about you, where are you ect?
jacqui
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:18 pm
Oxygen Pig

TRIMIX will become famous soon enoughTRIMIX will become famous soon enough

We currently live in Coventry and have no family in australia although we do
We are from Nuneaton and should be there shortly due to our recent visa grant.

Jackie
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TRIMIX
We are from Nuneaton and should be there shortly due to our recent visa grant.

Jackie
When are you planning to arrive ? give us a shout when you get there it would be great to meet up
jacqui
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

When are you planning to arrive ? give us a shout when you get there it would be great to meet up
jacqui
Hi Jacqui,

We are currently living right in the city, Hutt St. We have rented this apartment until the end of Jan, by then our furniture will have been shipped here from the UK and we are then looking at living around the Halletts Cove area.

Email me from this link, don't really want to put my email address out, and we can stay in touch that way and then maybe get together when you arrive and have got over the jetlag ... it took us 4 days to shake it off!!!!

Catch ya later