Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Skippers out there?

Any Skippers out there?

Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:41 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Skippers out there?

No, I don't mean of the 'Grimsby Fish Wife' variety, but people that actually make a living out of driving and operating boats in Autralia.

This has been a childhood dream of mine - always found the cost and time required to be prohibitive in the past.

When thinking of what would be my dream job this always comes up, so have decided to do some research into what is involved in QLD in order to enable me to pursue my dream.

Has anyone any advice, info or pearls of wisdom on this one?

Cheers,

Rob
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:25 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Skippers out there?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
No, I don't mean of the 'Grimsby Fish Wife' variety, but people that actually make a living out of driving and operating boats in Autralia.

This has been a childhood dream of mine - always found the cost and time required to be prohibitive in the past.

When thinking of what would be my dream job this always comes up, so have decided to do some research into what is involved in QLD in order to enable me to pursue my dream.

Has anyone any advice, info or pearls of wisdom on this one?

Cheers,

Rob
Hope you 'drive' a boat better than some of your mates (not infering you of course) those dumper trucks near where I live, do you go to Runfold?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by russmcp
Hope you 'drive' a boat better than some of your mates (not infering you of course) those dumper trucks near where I live, do you go to Runfold?
Several times a day Russ!
The reason they drive like loonies is because of the impossible demands put upon them by their bosses - time is money! (hear that several times a day from my boss)
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:10 pm

Just giving this a little bump! Must be someone out there doing this or that can offer any advice?