Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any single people in melly in late 20s early 30s??

any single people in melly in late 20s early 30s??

Old Apr 9th 2006, 11:12 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default any single people in melly in late 20s early 30s??

Hello

My mate who is 30 is thinking of comming out here, possibley to live, she is newly single and I was wondering if there was anyone else here in the same boat? I dont know anyone who is single here, they all seem to be married with kids........

If not where are you all? and where would be the best place for her to head to, to meet like minded singles?

thanks

laura
x
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:04 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any single people in melly in late 20s early 30s??

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
where would be the best place for her to head to, to meet like minded singles?
Auckland, Wellington, Christchruch... OH you mean in OZ?

I think you can potentially meet other singles anywhere but somewhere where there is good nightlife and employment opportunities helps.

Melbourne sounds as good as any place to start and it has the benefit of also having plenty of things to do and see.

I found people quite friendly in Brisbane and you have the advantage of not being far from Gold Coast, Surfer's Paradise etc.

Bondi in Sydney is quite a lively area but not cheap.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:46 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Auckland, Wellington, Christchruch... OH you mean in OZ?

I think you can potentially meet other singles anywhere but somewhere where there is good nightlife and employment opportunities helps.

Melbourne sounds as good as any place to start and it has the benefit of also having plenty of things to do and see.

I found people quite friendly in Brisbane and you have the advantage of not being far from Gold Coast, Surfer's Paradise etc.

Bondi in Sydney is quite a lively area but not cheap.

thanks kiwi child

she is worried she will end up like Bridget Jones...........just working to pay the bills etc..etc....

laura
x
Old Apr 10th 2006, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

cookem is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same boat as your friend. Newly single and in my mid thirties. I can understand her nervousness as I feel the same. I was planning on going with the girlfriend but as that's gone pear shaped i'll be going solo.

I am planning on going to Perth at the end of the year and am hoping that there is some kind of scene for singles of my age there too.

Maybe she can take some comfort in knowing that she is not the only one.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:07 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

The bigger towns are obviously a better choice as there are more people so increase your chances (eg you wouldn't live in a small village in the UK if you wanted to pull), but you could meet someone almost anywhere at any time.

Joining the local clubs, etc. where there are lots of people will increase her circle of friends and chances of meeting someone.

You say she is recently single and thinking of going to Oz? I hope its not a rash decision because of the break up, but I do think that it is a good choice, sometimes getting away clears the mind for a fresh start. It could take a while for her to get a visa so she may not be single in a years time or so?

I spent a year in Oz, the 1st few months with my mates then we all split up and went our single ways. It was a bit daugnting at 1st but then i soon got to meet lots of people in the hostels, etc. Not sure if your mate is doing that or to live.

Also my girlfriend who was coming to oz with me is not sure that she wants to go now, so I may end up in the singleton boat also.

Good luck with whatever she does

Shaun
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:30 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Im 26 and been single for quite some time. Im heading for Perth, my mate that lives in Brisbane tells me not to bother as nothing much goes on after 7pm . As much as Id love to be with someone, aslong as Im trying to move, there isnt any point starting anything until I get there.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:54 am

hey guys

well here is the story.... she was comming over with her boyf and they both have visas and now they have split up. She was oing to stay where she was comfrtable and cry etc... but she thought, to herself no why should I cos this was my dream aswell.... she has family in Perth and was gonna head to there initially..... not sure what her ex is doing as he met another chick in UK. So anyway she is very scared as wasnt expecting to go alone but is going anyway and should be there around May/June time and she wants to try and arrange some meets with others ready for when she gets there and take it from there.....

Also dont thik weather will be 2 good when she arrives too, so she wanted to keep busy.......

PM me if you are interested - especially you 2 who are in the same boat and I can arrange for you to meet up. At least you will have comfort in knowing you are all the same boat and can help each other etc....

Laura
x
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:03 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

She should definately go to Oz in her situation. More than anything she can get away from it all in the UK for a while. It will also keep her ex boyf intrigued as to what she is doing and how much fun she is having away etc.
If it all goes horribly wrong then at least she has the UK to fall back to, on the other hand could all turn out perfectly in Oz.
Shaun
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Tony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hey guys

well here is the story.... she was comming over with her boyf and they both have visas and now they have split up. She was oing to stay where she was comfrtable and cry etc... but she thought, to herself no why should I cos this was my dream aswell.... she has family in Perth and was gonna head to there initially..... not sure what her ex is doing as he met another chick in UK. So anyway she is very scared as wasnt expecting to go alone but is going anyway and should be there around May/June time and she wants to try and arrange some meets with others ready for when she gets there and take it from there.....

Also dont thik weather will be 2 good when she arrives too, so she wanted to keep busy.......

PM me if you are interested - especially you 2 who are in the same boat and I can arrange for you to meet up. At least you will have comfort in knowing you are all the same boat and can help each other etc....

Laura
x
Being single is rock n roll... Well that's what I tell everyone.
Unfortunately getting over someone is a lot harder than clearing off somewhere else. Your friend has to get out and about where ever she is, join all the clubs going and turn up to anything she's invited to. If it's her dream to go to Oz she should go but she should make sure her head is in the right place. It's gunna be hard enough for her even if there was no ex. She was too good for him anyway!!!!
In no way let me put your friend of going to Oz... The more single females over there the better!!!!!

T
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi Laura

Fremantle and Cottesloe, Perth is good for single chicks. We liked and would like to settle in Mandurah but this is a bit couply so not a good idea.

It may be worth her having a jollie in Oz prior to going out there. We met lots of couple and single people on trips, ie. Fraser Island, Hamilton Island, Airlie Beach - all Qld, Margaret River (wine tour), Rottnest Island - WA, NYE in Sydney, NSW. This is a good way of meeting people, having some beer/wine and relaxing and possibly keeping in touch. We met lots and have made some good Aussie friends (some single and some couples)

Hope this helps & good luck

Arls'n'watty
xx