Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any room left in Brisbane

Any room left in Brisbane

Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice
Default Any room left in Brisbane

I bumped into a family at my local park, seems they planning on moving to Brisbane in September of next year. Had my hair cut the other day, my hairdresser informs me that one of her friends left for Brisbane last week. Say a lady that I used to work today, guess what, she is on her way to Brisbane at the end of October. Now I lead a very sheltered life, live in a small town, have young children, so don't get out that much, which makes it even more alarming to have come by so many people who are not just talking about emigrating but are actually doing it, and are on their way to Brisbane!

Is it going to be a problem for us if so many people are turning up on Brisbane's shore. Getting work, decent housing etc ........

Tina
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any room left in Brisbane

Originally Posted by brickies wife
I bumped into a family at my local park, seems they planning on moving to Brisbane in September of next year. Had my hair cut the other day, my hairdresser informs me that one of her friends left for Brisbane last week. Say a lady that I used to work today, guess what, she is on her way to Brisbane at the end of October. Now I lead a very sheltered life, live in a small town, have young children, so don't get out that much, which makes it even more alarming to have come by so many people who are not just talking about emigrating but are actually doing it, and are on their way to Brisbane!

Is it going to be a problem for us if so many people are turning up on Brisbane's shore. Getting work, decent housing etc ........

Tina

Hi Tina

In fact the opposite! The more people that emigrate to Brisbane, the more demand for housing, services etc and as far as labour and land goes the cycle continues. There will be and continue to be a boom in Australia long after we have decintegrated! Dont sweat the small stuff! If your looking for peace and quiet, head off to Bruce Rock in WA. The aussie government will give you a house and land for free if you settle there!

Last edited by Stephen; Sep 12th 2006 at 7:34 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:37 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Tina
Yes ........just one more on the top deck
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stephen
Hi Tina

In fact the opposite! The more people that emigrate to Brisbane, the more demand for housing, services etc and as far as labour and land goes the cycle continues. There will be and continue to be a boom in Australia long after we have decintegrated! Dont sweat the small stuff! If your looking for peace and quiet, head off to Bruce Rock in WA. The aussie government will give you a house and land for free if you settle there!

Thanks Stephen

I think I will pass on Bruce Rock. I guess we won't have to worry about not knowing anyone when we get there.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

There's room left in Brisbane, but not much water
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:36 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
There's room left in Brisbane, but not much water
The English only shower once a week so all should be alright.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:38 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Tina

I think 1500 people move to Brisbane a week!
Guess the traffic is just going to get worse and worse

Oh and you will be able to get a house, but you will prop have a smaller garden then you did in the UK!