Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to know in Brisbane?

What to know in Brisbane?

Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:19 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default What to know in Brisbane?

When we arrive in Brisbane what are the creapy crawleys that we should be aware of that may be dangerous to us or our moggy in the city and surrounding suburbs?? Pete
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:45 am
Just Joined

racquet is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What to know in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by pete jackson
When we arrive in Brisbane what are the creapy crawleys that we should be aware of that may be dangerous to us or our moggy in the city and surrounding suburbs?? Pete
Moggy should be careful of ticks ( we live 8km from cbd ) our moggy regularly gets them in summer - a regular treatment of frontline from the vet gets rid of them.
As for you ,there isn't really any danger , most snakes will get out of your way should you come into contact(very unusual to in suburbia)
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to know in Brisbane?

Cane Toads.
They secrete a poison from their backs when threatened. Ugly bastards n'all
Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Cane Toads.
They secrete a poison from their backs when threatened. Ugly bastards n'all
yea all of them plus some vets they will try it on with you :scared:
Old Sep 12th 2006, 11:42 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Stop worrying!
the first thing i needed to do with regards having my qualifications validated was to update my first aid certificate to accommodate dangerous snakes, spiders etc., not found in the UK.
They said that the dangers are exaggerated! be careful of spiders which do bite but only to protect themselves and the same is said of the snakes, only the unfortunates who step on them are going to be bitten.
I have met australians who have never even seen a red back spider!
Just relax look forward to your adventure, have fun and just check for spiders before putting your wellies on! just like the uk really
Angie x
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:10 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
Stop worrying!
the first thing i needed to do with regards having my qualifications validated was to update my first aid certificate to accommodate dangerous snakes, spiders etc., not found in the UK.
They said that the dangers are exaggerated! be careful of spiders which do bite but only to protect themselves and the same is said of the snakes, only the unfortunates who step on them are going to be bitten.
I have met australians who have never even seen a red back spider!
Just relax look forward to your adventure, have fun and just check for spiders before putting your wellies on! just like the uk really
Angie x
Thanks everyone, ive heard that the ticks can paralise the cats, so I will have to make a better effort when we get to OZ with putting frontline on him, its a right struggle!!! Hates the stuff! And the cane toads Ive also heard that someone had them in there back garden when the sun went down and cant let his pets out because of the dangers to them, he wishes he had checked before he bought the house! Pete
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:51 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

We took two cats to Oz they disappeared one after the other when we moved to acreage, not sure what happened to them
Maybe a snake got them.