Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one on a retirement visa 405 or thinking of...

Any one on a retirement visa 405 or thinking of...

Old Sep 30th 2016, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one on a retirement visa 405 or thinking of...

Hi all,

I looked up the retirement visas for Queensland and I know that you have to invest and get sponsored but it's been absolutely ages since I have been on this forum that I thought I'd ask.
But as I see it that it's still $750,000 for investment in the region you wish to be in.,
( hoping it had been reduced - wishful thinking )
Is there anyone who can share their experiences of being granted this visa , experiences , any info
Wish I had that kind of money but just seeing , hoping that I may have missed something and things have changed.

Thanks
Scoobydo

Last edited by Scoobydo; Sep 30th 2016 at 8:59 am.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one on a retirement visa 405 or thinking of...

Originally Posted by Scoobydo
Hi all,

I looked up the retirement visas for Queensland and I know that you have to invest and get sponsored but it's been absolutely ages since I have been on this forum that I thought I'd ask.
But as I see it that it's still $750,000 for investment in the region you wish to be in.,
( hoping it had been reduced - wishful thinking )
Is there anyone who can share their experiences of being granted this visa , experiences , any info
Wish I had that kind of money but just seeing , hoping that I may have missed something and things have changed.

Thanks
Scoobydo
I know quite a few on the 405 visa, (mainly because we are on the ceased 410 visa and meet up regularly) and almost all of them are giving up, the cost of renewal every 4 years has gone up and up, and don't quote me but it's about $12,000 each every 4 years. They now need to re-apply about 9 months before the 4 yr visa ends, because it is taking so long to process, to be safe, pay again for medicals and police checks.

Sorry to be negative, but it's so expensive with no road to PR.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:54 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one on a retirement visa 405 or thinking of...

The Designated Investment is $500k if you are happy to live outside Brisbane/Gold Coast:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...nal-growth#qld

The amount of the DI reduces to $250k when you renew the visa after 4 years.

Good tax outcomes are also available when living in Australia as the holder of this visa.

See also: Designated Investments – How and Where to Apply | GM Investors

Best regards.