Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one in Nottinghamshire area?

Any one in Nottinghamshire area?

Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

jon.n.bec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one in Nottinghamshire area?

Hi just wondered if there are many people out there from notts or surrounding areas that are going through this visa stress at the moment???

we have been slowly (very slowly) doing it for a while now (the visa process that is), originally we hoped to get our visa app in before sept 07 changes, however it didnt quite work out like that and we still havn't got it in!!! we have finally booked my oh's vettassess practical for feb 09 so after that things should start moving again (if he passes that is!),

theres me (33)-housewife, oh (34)-joiner & three boys aged 3, 8, and nearly 13, if theres anyone out there with any advice, or anyone in a similar situation it would be great to hear from you.
Bec
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any one in Nottinghamshire area?

BUMP!!

Hi Bec

We are originally from Nottingham and would have come to a meet but we moved out here in June, so can't come unfortunately.

Hope you have some responses soon.

Jo xx
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:29 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdraper
BUMP!!

Hi Bec

We are originally from Nottingham and would have come to a meet but we moved out here in June, so can't come unfortunately.

Hope you have some responses soon.

Jo xx
Hi Bec, we have just our lodged our visa app just before xmas. we are going the stress that is going to Oz.

Have you got any further with your app recently at all.

we live in Long eaton by the way

regards

Simon and Clare
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Red face Re: Any one in Nottinghamshire area?

Hi

we aren't any furthur along unfortunately, we are waiting for my oh to do the skills practical test and thats not until feb 17th, we booked it last september so it seems like we have been waiting for ever, just hope he passes!!, what type of visa are you applying for? & what part of oz are you hoping to move to?, keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on,

bec & jonny
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 3:26 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jon.n.bec
Hi

we aren't any furthur along unfortunately, we are waiting for my oh to do the skills practical test and thats not until feb 17th, we booked it last september so it seems like we have been waiting for ever, just hope he passes!!, what type of visa are you applying for? & what part of oz are you hoping to move to?, keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on,

bec & jonny
Hi Bec and Jonny, First of all good luck with the Skills test, I did that last June and it was alot easier than I thought it was it was going to be. What trade is Jonny going to be tested for, I did Air Con.

We are applying for the 175 Skilled Independant Visa, and we want go to Perth as we went on holiday there last September. I lived in Sydney as a kid and want to go west this time.

We will keep posting on here we get some news.

regards

si and clare
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by toddsim
Hi Bec and Jonny, First of all good luck with the Skills test, I did that last June and it was alot easier than I thought it was it was going to be. What trade is Jonny going to be tested for, I did Air Con.

We are applying for the 175 Skilled Independant Visa, and we want go to Perth as we went on holiday there last September. I lived in Sydney as a kid and want to go west this time.

We will keep posting on here we get some news.

regards

si and clare

he's doing the joinery test, we've heard its easier than the carpentry test so thats why he opted for that one, did you do yours at accrington? if so can you recommend any hotels to stay in?, have you got a house to sell or anything?, we are really struggling with ours its been on the market for 15 months already, we were planning on renting until our visas come through but the way things are we might get our visas before the house sells!

take care, bec & jonny
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

he's doing the joinery test, we've heard its easier than the carpentry test so thats why he opted for that one, did you do yours at accrington? if so can you recommend any hotels to stay in?, have you got a house to sell or anything?, we are really struggling with ours its been on the market for 15 months already, we were planning on renting until our visas come through but the way things are we might get our visas before the house sells!

take care, bec & jonny
my oh is doing bricklaying practical at accrington on 17 feb we are driving the same day we are in derby
marie & dave
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by -Marie-
my oh is doing bricklaying practical at accrington on 17 feb we are driving the same day we are in derby
marie & dave
Hi Marie & Dave

Thought about doing this but you have to be there at 7.45 am, and it's a really long day, so thought we would get a nearby hotel just for our peace of mind really, the motorway is always so busy this is the third time my oh should have done this test and i dont want anything else to go wrong.

Marie are you going with your husband? i thought about going to the hotel as well, but thought i might get abit bored having to wait around for him all day and not knowing the area or where to go.

where abouts in derby are you?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

lolandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just wondered if there are many people out there from notts or surrounding areas that are going through this visa stress at the moment???

we have been slowly (very slowly) doing it for a while now (the visa process that is), originally we hoped to get our visa app in before sept 07 changes, however it didnt quite work out like that and we still havn't got it in!!! we have finally booked my oh's vettassess practical for feb 09 so after that things should start moving again (if he passes that is!),

theres me (33)-housewife, oh (34)-joiner & three boys aged 3, 8, and nearly 13, if theres anyone out there with any advice, or anyone in a similar situation it would be great to hear from you.
Bec
We are also in the slow lane did my TRA just before they changed it Aug 07 and then kinda ground to a halt. The ball has started rolling again having just returned from visit to Perth and Toronto/NSW visiting family and friends and wondering why i've been dragging my heels.
I am Lol 34 year old spark, wifey 37, girls aged 6 and 2 all living in sunny Sherwood
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lolandlisa
We are also in the slow lane did my TRA just before they changed it Aug 07 and then kinda ground to a halt. The ball has started rolling again having just returned from visit to Perth and Toronto/NSW visiting family and friends and wondering why i've been dragging my heels.
I am Lol 34 year old spark, wifey 37, girls aged 6 and 2 all living in sunny Sherwood

Hi, think this visa is affecting me more than i originally thought, just read your message (1st line) and sat looking at screen for 5 mins thinking 'where is slow lane?', 'we don't live there', god i'm stupid!

i know sherwood well, i've got family and friends who live there, also been on a school trip today (i work in a school), and one of the parents on the trip owns hammond harwood, estate agents, he is based in their sherwood shop, so he was telling me about the housing market in sherwood!

how are you getting on with it now you've re started?, i know what you mean about dragging your heels, for us it has been because things have seemed complex and time consuming (getting all references, evidence etc), so we have just kept putting things off. we have finally sent everything off now though, but not heard anything back yet.

what part of oz are you hoping to move to?, we change our minds daily!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

Hi Marie & Dave

Thought about doing this but you have to be there at 7.45 am, and it's a really long day, so thought we would get a nearby hotel just for our peace of mind really, the motorway is always so busy this is the third time my oh should have done this test and i dont want anything else to go wrong.

Marie are you going with your husband? i thought about going to the hotel as well, but thought i might get abit bored having to wait around for him all day and not knowing the area or where to go.

where abouts in derby are you?
and we are in codnor up a38 near heanor/ripley
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

lolandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh bugger, was in the slow lane but now it appears the wheels are coming off :curse: that "CSL" list didn't last long
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lolandlisa
Oh bugger, was in the slow lane but now it appears the wheels are coming off :curse: that "CSL" list didn't last long
Hi lolandlisa

Have you submitted your application yet?

we havn't, but should have in the next few weeks, hopefully before joiner comes off the list altogether!!

were just waiting on vetasess, they issued my oh a certificate to say he passed his practical assesment, but spelt his name wrong :curse:

so its just a matter of waiting again!!, i'll be glad when its all submitted then i can just try and forget about it for a while. not sure how long the wait is gonna be now, i'm hoping around 18 months, but who knows.

bec