Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi There

Just found this thread (Hi IG) - was wondering how many of us logging on were Irish and knockoffnige sent me in this direction.

I have been V lazy and have only read the first and last three pages - so forgive me if I'm asking you stuff you've already answered - but where are we all from - and where are we going ?

Irish Gal and I are Melbourne bound - and according to nige that's where you're going too Mairead.

What about the rest of you ?
We are heading for Sydney for the first year and then we will see if we want to settle anywhere else. We want city life for awhile. Then we will probably move out to the suburbs or to another city.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Okay - I'm going to suggest that you'd all move onto the thread - "Who's Irish and posting on BE" - otherwise someone's going to get left behind - that way we can all keep in better contact - are you all up for it ??????
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:50 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Okay - I'm going to suggest that you'd all move onto the thread - "Who's Irish and posting on BE" - otherwise someone's going to get left behind - that way we can all keep in better contact - are you all up for it ??????

Great idea!!!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Great idea!!!
Hi Irishgal. I contacted Eastgate. They seem very professional and we will definitely be using the to ship our stuff. Thanks for info.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:17 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

That's good. I'm booking them for the 15th May House is full of boxes. I'll let you know how I get on. We're hoping to give our stuff a 6 week headstart.....

Have borrowed old furniture from friends to cope and will be buying kettles, cutlery, ware, etc when we get there
Irish Gal
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:26 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
That's good. I'm booking them for the 15th May House is full of boxes. I'll let you know how I get on. We're hoping to give our stuff a 6 week headstart.....

Have borrowed old furniture from friends to cope and will be buying kettles, cutlery, ware, etc when we get there
Irish Gal
Hi there Irishgirl.

Can you recommend a good source for the boxes.

I think that we will need quite a few.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverski
Hi there Irishgirl.

Can you recommend a good source for the boxes.

I think that we will need quite a few.

Regards

Silverski
Hows it going? Did you get your tracking number from the doc? I'm still waiting on it. Got no update at all. I'll have to call again today.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hows it going? Did you get your tracking number from the doc? I'm still waiting on it. Got no update at all. I'll have to call again today.
Keep on top of them KN. Mine had lost ours until I gave them a gentle push
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:08 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Hi there,

Could not contact them by phone, so I drove into donnybrook, and later on yesterday afternoon, I received a text with the tracking number.
Went online alst nite and found the package.

Will wait now till I receive an email from LCU.

Fingers crossed.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Hey fellow-Irish

We are in Bray, Wicklow - headed to Sydney and have our visa but not sure when we will go. We are selling an apartment in France but so far no interest in it, its really frustrating... we are now thinking of just going but with **** all money... have some debts to pay off too but just want to be on our way or at least book the flights!!!

Best of luck to everyone, we were in Australia before for the 1 year WHV and loved it - can't wait to get back...

Sarah, Andy & Maya
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverski
Hi there,

Could not contact them by phone, so I drove into donnybrook, and later on yesterday afternoon, I received a text with the tracking number.
Went online alst nite and found the package.

Will wait now till I receive an email from LCU.

Fingers crossed.

Regards

Silverski
Thanks. I spoke to the doctor just now and he told me that there was a strike in the Ballsbridge sorting office (sorted now haha) and so he didnt receive my x-rays. Have to wait another day or two for them. Theres always something isnt there?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:20 pm
Oh, George.....

Yes! Have you started this? Must be blind as I can't find it yet
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Started it last week - think it may have been moved - will we all start another - totally new one ?

What will we call it ?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Silverski - did you say you're in Wicklow too ?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Thanks. I spoke to the doctor just now and he told me that there was a strike in the Ballsbridge sorting office (sorted now haha) and so he didnt receive my x-rays. Have to wait another day or two for them. Theres always something isnt there?
I had the same problem - Ballsbridge backlog and that was weeks ago but it got back to him in the end and all went off okay... he sent it by registered post though and it took a month to get to LCU...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.