Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:24 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

[QUOTE=Mairead;6227459]
Originally Posted by silverski

Wow thats great news!!!! Hopefully it wont be too much longer now. Have you done the meds yet?
HI there,

Yes done the Meds and Xrays on the 11th April. Awiating tracking number from Doc.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Eastway in Limerick have given me a quote of €2531 for delivery from house to Melbourne Port (all documentation, etc)
Irish Gal
Thats good was it for a 20ft container?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:52 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the murrays
Thats good was it for a 20ft container?

Yes, I rang at least 3 other companies and the guy here was by far the most professional and the cheapest. He's actually in China at the moment but has been replying to my emails through blackberry (Didn't know til he said it last night). I've booked him for the 21st May House is full of boxes and bubble wrap!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys heading to Oz have teenage kids and if so how do they feel about the move? I have a 14 yr old daughter (15 in June) and she is not happy at all about the move. She doesn't want to leave her friends here in Ireland. Even though she has no choice but to come, her not wanting to doesn't help with the stress levels!....it's stressful enough trying to sell the house and moving to the other side of the world.

Dor X
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Eastway in Limerick have given me a quote of €2531 for delivery from house to Melbourne Port (all documentation, etc)
Irish Gal
Hi Irish Gal,

That quote is very good. A friend of mine has gotten a quote of 5,500Euro for a 20ft container and I thought that was good compared to what I've heard some people have paid to ship their stuff from Ireland to Oz. Do you know of anyone who has used Eastway? Take care.

Dor X
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:25 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dor34
Hi Irish Gal,

That quote is very good. A friend of mine has gotten a quote of 5,500Euro for a 20ft container and I thought that was good compared to what I've heard some people have paid to ship their stuff from Ireland to Oz. Do you know of anyone who has used Eastway? Take care.

Dor X

I don't know anyone personally but he can supply references if I need them. I have spoken to the guy who manages the place on NUMEROUS occasions and he has been great (sometimes goes into a bit TOO MUCH DETAIL ) but really knows his stuff. The other nearest quotes I was given was for TRACDATA who gave me a quote of €2800-2900 and another one in Dublin which was for €3580!. Big difference in price.

The guy from Eastway told me that a lot of companies go over the top charging for insurance. He said that, unless the container goes overboard, then breakages aren't really covered for - if you read the insurance policies well. Also, all these companies use the SAME ships, etc to cargo their stuff to Amsterdam, then onto another boat, etc....

Irish Gal

Wi
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know anyone personally but he can supply references if I need them. I have spoken to the guy who manages the place on NUMEROUS occasions and he has been great (sometimes goes into a bit TOO MUCH DETAIL ) but really knows his stuff. The other nearest quotes I was given was for TRACDATA who gave me a quote of €2800-2900 and another one in Dublin which was for €3580!. Big difference in price.

The guy from Eastway told me that a lot of companies go over the top charging for insurance. He said that, unless the container goes overboard, then breakages aren't really covered for - if you read the insurance policies well. Also, all these companies use the SAME ships, etc to cargo their stuff to Amsterdam, then onto another boat, etc....

Irish Gal

Wi
Thanks Irish Gal,

I will let my friend know asap...seems like she was being ripped off!!

Dor X
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

debandp will become famous soon enough

hi this is our first post.We are hoping to submit our visa in july 08,either 175 or 176.Going to brisbane,OH has ajob offer:
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:09 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by debandp
hi this is our first post.We are hoping to submit our visa in july 08,either 175 or 176.Going to brisbane,OH has ajob offer:
Welcome and be prepared for the rollercoaster ride of Visa Application.

This site is fantastic so feel free to ask, enquire, moan, etc as much as you like here. We're all friends
Irish Gal
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

Does anybody know what the situation is with regards to PAYE. We are heading to Perth in July and I am wondering if I would be able to claim for unused Tax credits in the current year?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Uuuh Patsy
Does anybody know what the situation is with regards to PAYE. We are heading to Perth in July and I am wondering if I would be able to claim for unused Tax credits in the current year?

Would also love to know the answer to this. I had heard somewhere that if you work for only 6 months of the year you can claim that tax back. Dont know how true it is though!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:48 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by Mairead
Would also love to know the answer to this. I had heard somewhere that if you work for only 6 months of the year you can claim that tax back. Dont know how true it is though!!

As far as I know, you can't claim til the beginning of the next tax year. Maybe, its different if you are emigrating
Irish Gal
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

When we left Ireland in December I let the tax office know and they sent me out a form (cannot remember the name). I sent this back with either my P60 or my P45 and I got nearly E2000 back.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gidxg03
When we left Ireland in December I let the tax office know and they sent me out a form (cannot remember the name). I sent this back with either my P60 or my P45 and I got nearly E2000 back.
Nice!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Irish Gal

Wi
Hi Irish Gal,

Do you have any contact details for Eastways?....do you know if they have a website? I have looked but can't seem to find any Info. I would be very grateful if you could pass me on their details. Thanks.

Dor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.