Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any new older teenagers in NZ ?

Any new older teenagers in NZ ?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Any new older teenagers in NZ ?

Hi - My 17 yr old joined us in NZ in October and is just starting to miss his UK friends as he hasn't really met anyone his own age here yet and probably won't untill he starts the last yr of high school in February. He's always on the computor so I'm sure he's love a bit of contact if theres any one of a similar age out there...thanks !
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:56 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

If he has icq he can do a white pages search for people his age in any country including NZ.
Admitedly 17 is probably one of the worst ages to be. Not a kid, not an adult, so my other suggestion to you may not help much but you could try.
You are in Auckland and downtown there are tons of backpacker hostels that are absolutely great for young people from all over the world to meet friends. If your son is pretty sensible he would benefit from a weekend in such a place, they cost between $18-22 per night

Good luck !!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

Thanks for that Luke.......although I'm not sure he's as sensible as he likes to think he is !!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:11 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Im 42 and for the past 18 months have made 5 trips to auckland, staying in backpacker hostels and I can honestly say they are a great place for young people to meet in a sober environment (mind you, onve youve met it doesnt mean you stay in the confines of the hostel and stay sober)
Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:51 am
Just Joined

jonah111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any new older teenagers in NZ ?

Originally posted by xpat19
Hi - My 17 yr old joined us in NZ in October and is just starting to miss his UK friends as he hasn't really met anyone his own age here yet and probably won't untill he starts the last yr of high school in February. He's always on the computor so I'm sure he's love a bit of contact if theres any one of a similar age out there...thanks !

Hi i too have a 17yr old who is returning back to school end of Jan for his final year, we are new to the North Shore have been here 3 months and busy with settling in and working in CBD. Will have to send his email by PM and they will have to talk. Apoligies for short mail have to work tonight.

Thanks
Mick:
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

That would be great - what a small world !