Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any mums to be in Perth?

Any mums to be in Perth?

Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Bev6 has a spectacular aura aboutBev6 has a spectacular aura aboutBev6 has a spectacular aura about
Default Any mums to be in Perth?

Hi everyone!

I am 4 months pregnant with my first baby and myself (bev,26) and bfriend (Adrian, 32) are totally unprepared for what is to come. Are there any other expectant first time mums or mums with young children out there who would like to meet up with me for coffee? I have been in Perth for just over a year and do not know anyone else who is pregnant. It would be geat to meet some other girls who are going through the same experience. I live just south of the river in Bentley.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any mums to be in Perth?

Congratulations!!

Just view it as one of life's adventures!!

I have a little boy almost 2 and would love to meet up.

I live just north of the river so could meet in Kings Park..

anyone else??

Lisa (33)
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Bev6 has a spectacular aura aboutBev6 has a spectacular aura aboutBev6 has a spectacular aura about

Hi sylvesterthecat !

That sounds great - when is good for you? We could meet up at the end of next week in Kings Park - Sunday maybe?

Any other mums or expectant mums are welcome to join us - more the merrier
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

we are both 36, have been here in Joondalup over 3 years and our baby is due at the end of May.

Clare would be up for a meet-up, we are both totally spun out and have not got a clue what to expect!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:10 am
Just Joined

Hi Steve and Clare,

That sounds great, Steve your more than welcome to come along too, I know my partner Adrian would like to meet some first time dads to be! Even though I'm now 4 months pregnant the news still hasn't quite sunk in for us yet !!

Is everyone free this Sunday afternoon...say 1pm. We could all meet in Kings Park and bring some lunch?

Can anyone think of a good spot to meet?

Lisa... is this time good for you?? I'm free all day so can make anytime
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

sylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the roughsylvesterthecat is a jewel in the rough

hi there,

I can't do sunday I'm afraid.

I was actually looking for some mum friends during the week - or are you working F/T? You probably are since you haven't had the baby yet!

have a good meet.

Lisa
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Hi Lisa,

Im not working this week at all, I decided to have a week off as things have been getting hectic at work recently and I wanted a break!

I currently only work 20 hours per week at the sec due to work restrictions on my visa which is very annoying!

When are you free in the week, maybe we could get together for a coffee at Kings Park - I can't do tomorrow but am free on thurs or fri ??
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Hi Steve and Clare

Are you guys able to meet up this Sunday? Kings Park ?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

the boss says yes, got a preferred time and place?

PM us and I'll give you our mobile number
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bev6
Hi everyone!

I am 4 months pregnant with my first baby and myself (bev,26) and bfriend (Adrian, 32) are totally unprepared for what is to come. Are there any other expectant first time mums or mums with young children out there who would like to meet up with me for coffee? I have been in Perth for just over a year and do not know anyone else who is pregnant. It would be geat to meet some other girls who are going through the same experience. I live just south of the river in Bentley.
congratulations ! where are you having your baby ? i am due in september and i have bk with cmmw to have a home birth
Originally Posted by sylvesterthecat
Congratulations!!

Just view it as one of life's adventures!!

I have a little boy almost 2 and would love to meet up.

I live just north of the river so could meet in Kings Park..

anyone else??

Lisa (33)
pm you

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
we are both 36, have been here in Joondalup over 3 years and our baby is due at the end of May.

Clare would be up for a meet-up, we are both totally spun out and have not got a clue what to expect!
welcome to being a first time parent !

congrats to you

this is my 3rd baby but my first in au
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bev6
Hi Steve and Clare

Are you guys able to meet up this Sunday? Kings Park ?
Sunday 1pm? How about at the Synergy garden bit where the lake and kids play area is?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Synergy Garden sounds great, will see you both there Sunday at 1pm I'll pm you our contact details
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Hi hitchcock71!

Congratulations on your pregnancy September will come around fast, I can't believe we are in feb already!

I'm having my baby at the King Edward Birthing centre, had a look around there a couple of months ago and thought it looked like a nice place. Have my first appointment with the midwife in March.

Will this be your first home birth? Are you going to have a water birth at home? I'm tempted to give a water birth a try! apparently it helps with the pain quite effectively! not that I would have a clue what to expect pain wise though
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday at 5 pm i got a phone call from my gp to tell me that my scan that i had on tuesday - had shown up something very serious

i have a massive blood clot behind the placenta - if it bursts then it will tear the placenta away from the wall of my womb and will kill my baby.

my baby has less than a 50% chance of making it to full term - in fact i could lose my baby right up to week 25 of pregnancy

my only hope is that my body reabsorbs the clot without bursting - but i have to come to terms that my body just might not beable to do that

yesterday morning i was looking forward to having morning sickness - getting bigger and having a baby - today i have to look at not even having a baby

i have to take each day as it comes - each day my baby is inside my womb and the clot doesn't burst means than my baby has a chance of survival

i cant stop crying - i feel such a failer - why me ?

i wish kym and her family my deepest prayers in their darkest times - and hope that i dont have to go though what they are going through now
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi hitchcock71

I have sent you a pm - my thoughts are with you at this difficult time xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.