Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Jabs Required For Australia

Any Jabs Required For Australia

Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about
Default Any Jabs Required For Australia

Another stupid question.

Do we we need any jabs to go to Australia?

You know the thing. I went to Kenya years ago, and had to have loads. Didnt think about this for Australia, but hope I havent missed this important thing, in case I need to get to the Doctors immediately.

Thanks again
Jill

Hope I have put this question in the correct forum.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Jabs Required For Australia

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Another stupid question.

You know the thing. I went to Kenya years ago, and had to have loads. Didnt think about this for Australia, but hope I havent missed this important thing, in case I need to get to the Doctors immediately.

Thanks again
Jill

Hi, we didn't need any for Australia or Singapore, but if you are stopping anywhere else on the way you may need some... we spent a while in Dubai and had to have a couple for that.

If you have young children (under 7 I think!) then the immunisation programme here is different to the uk, they will need hep b and possibly chickenpox (my 20 month old had to have chickenpox my 4 year old didn't). But you can sort that when you are here.

Good luck.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Another stupid question.

Thanks again
Jill

Hi

Well you didnt 10yrs ago when I arrived, cannot remember any relatives saying that they had to have them.

HTH

K
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

No children, just us two adults.

We havent quite sorted out flights yet, but we may fly with Emirates who stop in Dubai, and I think the Singapore stop is just to refuel.

Do you think we will need them for Dubai, we wont be going out of the airport as the break is probably under 2 hours?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:10 am
ABCDiamond

No children, just us two adults.

We havent quite sorted out flights yet, but we may fly with Emirates who stop in Dubai, and I think the Singapore stop is just to refuel.

Do you think we will need them for Dubai, we wont be going out of the airport as the break is probably under 2 hours?
If you aren't leaving the airport, you won't need them.

I must have stopped at every fuel stop so far, and never had to have a jab for the trips.

Old Jan 29th 2006, 11:06 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We used to say when ex-pats were becoming citizens of Australia - that they were going to have half their brains removed! umm not sure why I remembered that now and certainly has nothing to do with what you asked! But anyway...I am an Aussie citizen, so maybe the brains near to nothing now

But in answer to your q - no, there are no jabs required. You get your normal ones over there, same as in England. Tetanus every 10 years etc. etc.

Susan
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
We used to say when ex-pats were becoming citizens of Australia - that they were going to have half their brains removed! umm not sure why I remembered that now and certainly has nothing to do with what you asked! But anyway...I am an Aussie citizen, so maybe the brains near to nothing now

But in answer to your q - no, there are no jabs required. You get your normal ones over there, same as in England. Tetanus every 10 years etc. etc.

Susan

Thanks Susan.
I think with all the stress of moving, my brain has gone down to nothing. I seem to be looking at "what can go wrong" instead of all the positives.
A friend said you might need malaria injections or other things I had never heard of. I said of course not, then it got me thinking.
Maybe I should go with my first instincts and stop listening to friends that have only been as far as Spain.

Roll on the 27th Feb when we will be out of here.

Cheers
Jill
Old Jan 29th 2006, 3:55 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

my whole family had to get a few each.... I think it was to protect us against hep a or hep b