Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Ideas of where/and cheapest ideas to stay In cairns for a family of 6

Any Ideas of where/and cheapest ideas to stay In cairns for a family of 6

Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:05 pm
Banned

magicpixi will become famous soon enough
Default Any Ideas of where/and cheapest ideas to stay In cairns for a family of 6

Hi we are wondering the best ideas on where to stay in cairns as there are six of us, and most hotels wouldnt fit us all in one room and two rooms will cost a fortune for two weeks, we are on a tight budget too, its going to cost an arm and a leg to fly out as it is , but need to validate the visa, Do you recon a motor home might be a good idea, any one got any ideas.................Thankyou.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:33 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Ideas of where/and cheapest ideas to stay In cairns for a family of 6

Originally Posted by magicpixi
Hi we are wondering the best ideas on where to stay in cairns as there are six of us, and most hotels wouldnt fit us all in one room and two rooms will cost a fortune for two weeks, we are on a tight budget too, its going to cost an arm and a leg to fly out as it is , but need to validate the visa, Do you recon a motor home might be a good idea, any one got any ideas.................Thankyou.
Check out the Big4 campsites... The one in Cairns' own website is Coconut... We stayed there for a week and it was very good... Kids will love it, got a huge pool, big bouncy thingy, tennis, mini golf, etc...
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jopad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Ideas of where/and cheapest ideas to stay In cairns for a family of 6

Hi there,

I would agree the big 4 is fab too. My parents stayed there last year and said it was an ideal place to stay,reasonable and a great place to stay with children. We are going there this year and there will also be 6 of us including our two kiddies.

Have a great time wherever you decide to stay!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:14 am
Banned

Thankyou so much for this it looks spot on they both look great, beats staying in a small hotel bored !!.....couldnt fing prices will try and contact them....................cheers again guys
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by magicpixi
check out this place 8 of us stayed here kids go free about 1.5hrs south cairns breakfast is great and is run by British people a little out of town but the bus driver took right to the door

http://www.licualalodge.com.au/
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dakesojo
check out this place 8 of us stayed here kids go free about 1.5hrs south cairns breakfast is great and is run by British people a little out of town but the bus driver took right to the door

http://www.licualalodge.com.au/
Thanks for all the info been checkin all the places out, looks cool and love those funny birds.I will have to work out how much all these will cost !!!........and make a decision, but thankyou everyone it has given me some insight i would never of found myself.

dakesojo, did you like cairns?..........my rellies live in poole , well near poole !!........so you off to sydney?.I have been there and brissie I liked brissie but got my eye on cairns, got any advise on what to do there? ta

Last edited by magicpixi; Jun 12th 2007 at 6:44 pm.