Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Ideas re TRA? We want to go now!!!

Any Ideas re TRA? We want to go now!!!

Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:15 pm
Frustrated

fantootie is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Any Ideas re TRA? We want to go now!!!

Please help....................Has anyone got any ideas how we can get to Perth, we were aiming at a skilled visa, I am a staff nurse and my hubby is an electrician. You would have thought the red carpet would have been rolled out for us but.................I have only worked 18hrs a week and the minimum is 20, and my hubby has had 5yrs in his trade and the minimum is 6. So do we really have to wait 12mths before putting in our TRA?

Any advice would be welcome, thanks. Anyone offering advice that gets us there will get an invite to our first barbie!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Ideas re TRA? We want to go now!!!

Originally Posted by fantootie
Please help....................Has anyone got any ideas how we can get to Perth, we were aiming at a skilled visa, I am a staff nurse and my hubby is an electrician. You would have thought the red carpet would have been rolled out for us but.................I have only worked 18hrs a week and the minimum is 20, and my hubby has had 5yrs in his trade and the minimum is 6. So do we really have to wait 12mths before putting in our TRA?

Any advice would be welcome, thanks. Anyone offering advice that gets us there will get an invite to our first barbie!
I think if thats what is needed then you may have to wait mind you can at least start to get all your stuff that is needed together. Trust me it can take a while to get it all. Good luck anyway
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:35 pm
Frustrated

Originally Posted by karenjc
I think if thats what is needed then you may have to wait mind you can at least start to get all your stuff that is needed together. Trust me it can take a while to get it all. Good luck anyway
Thanks karen, being impatient is one of my bad points, once I have made a decision I like to go for it, Plus babes are getting older and settled into school here.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
Excellent advice, I spend about 6 months compiling info for TRA. This is what I would do, youll be suprised how quick time goes when compiling a TRA assessment pack.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:45 pm
Frustrated

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Excellent advice, I spend about 6 months compiling info for TRA. This is what I would do, youll be suprised how quick time goes when compiling a TRA assessment pack.
Cheers Manx, its a real chore doing TRA then? what trade you in?