Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2.4801 £ - $ . Its still going Up

2.4801 £ - $ . Its still going Up

Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default 2.4801 £ - $ . Its still going Up

To all. This thread continues from yesterday's one. Should start a new thread each day to advise everyone what the rate is doing. Please all keep an eye on the rate today and post what you see.

Todays Rate 2.4801

Chris
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2.4801 £ - $ . Its still going Up

Thanks Chris hope it stays this way as we have bond request soon.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Thanks Chris hope it stays this way as we have bond request soon.

Good luck with placing the bond soon. Just hit 2.4832
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:06 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
To all. This thread continues from yesterday's one. Should start a new thread each day to advise everyone what the rate is doing. Please all keep an eye on the rate today and post what you see.

Todays Rate 2.4801

Chris
hi chris,

i try to update my graph to show Commonwealth Banks rate for transferring money to Aus. When i get their 9am update i'll post it again.

Cheers

Paul
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:26 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Todays Rate 2.4801

Chris
The official rate is 2.48, however you'll usually get less when transferring to your bank in Australia. Commonwealth Bank's is currently $2.4685.

I've attached a graph of the figures I've been recording since March. I'll update this on here each time the rate in going up.

Cheers

Paul
Attached Thumbnails 2.4801 £ - $ . Its still going Up-commbank_19_04_05.jpg  
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:13 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Todays Rate 2.4801

Chris
This site is useful for the spot Forex rates:

http://focus.comdirect.co.uk/en/quic...isenkurse.html

The graphs allow you to track the sterling:AUD trends for periods from 1 day to 5 years. Interesting stuff.....

Anya.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Just hit $2.4907
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phil-UK
Just hit $2.4907
2.4986 and rising. Dont know why, but dont care.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:42 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Are the rates that you are quoting what you would actually get if you changed up your £ in the UK?

I have been looking at Currencies Direct (2.4983) and HIFX (2.4896), does anyone have any advise for who to change proceeds from house sale with?

Thanks

2.4986 and rising. Dont know why, but dont care.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Todays Rate 2.4801

Chris
We transferred our money into our Commonwealth Bank Account today on the basis of this thread.
Thanks Mate!
Karma coming your way.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gajjitt
The official rate is 2.48, however you'll usually get less when transferring to your bank in Australia. Commonwealth Bank's is currently $2.4685.

I've attached a graph of the figures I've been recording since March. I'll update this on here each time the rate in going up.

Cheers

Paul

Hi paul, we trasfered £30,000 of our funds to the commonwealth bank yesterday, we are just waiting for the rate to get a little higher then we will instruct them to change it in to $......we were led to believe that we would get the same rate as the brookers and that we would not be charged for them transfering it in to the oz bank account, so long as it was over £30,000

will be very annoyed if they offer a lower rate, and will most definatly

take the money back out of the account. we have about £125,000 to change and want the best rate possible.

lesley

lesley
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
We transferred our money into our Commonwealth Bank Account today on the basis of this thread.
Thanks Mate!
Karma coming your way.
No worries mate. Hope you get a good rate. Just waiting to transfer our money
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:17 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

Did you use a currency broker to change your money up or did you just do a transfer from your bank to the Commonwealth bank?

TOB

Originally Posted by JJL family
Hi paul, we trasfered £30,000 of our funds to the commonwealth bank yesterday, we are just waiting for the rate to get a little higher then we will instruct them to change it in to $......we were led to believe that we would get the same rate as the brookers and that we would not be charged for them transfering it in to the oz bank account, so long as it was over £30,000

will be very annoyed if they offer a lower rate, and will most definatly

take the money back out of the account. we have about £125,000 to change and want the best rate possible.

lesley

lesley
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TOB
Did you use a currency broker to change your money up or did you just do a transfer from your bank to the Commonwealth bank?

TOB

Just transfered the funds out of our bank account to the commonwealth bank. (electronic transfer i think cost us £18)

its not been changed to dollars yet, like i said just waiting till it gets a little higher.

lesley
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:31 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

I am not really sure how all this changing money lark works but I thought that you got a better rate if you transferred your money to a currency broker such as Currencies Direct or HIFX who then give you a more competitive rate. They then transfer the funds direct to your Oz bank account. I was under the impression that the brokers give a better rate of exchange than the high street banks.

Does anyone have anymore adice on this please?

Originally Posted by JJL family
Just transfered the funds out of our bank account to the commonwealth bank. (electronic transfer i think cost us £18)

its not been changed to dollars yet, like i said just waiting till it gets a little higher.

lesley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.