Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANY GOOD MOUNTAIN BIKE TRACKS IN CAIRNS/BIKE MEETS

ANY GOOD MOUNTAIN BIKE TRACKS IN CAIRNS/BIKE MEETS

Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default ANY GOOD MOUNTAIN BIKE TRACKS IN CAIRNS/BIKE MEETS

Have finally got my mountain bike from the U.K and its all ready to go and I am all ready to get fit!!

I know there is the track at Smithfield but are there any other good tracks around Cairns area or within 20kms that anyone could recommend.

Also, for the locals here..there appears to be a track at the back of Kewarra Beach (Cook Highway side) starting in rainforest which says it is part of Smithfield Conservation area..does anyone know if this joins up with tracks that start near the JCU?? Seems a bit far away to do so.

Are there any good book/maps that can be bought with bike routes?

Are there any clubs in the area for regular rides?

Also looking for fellow motorbike riders for early morning weekend rides??
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ANY GOOD MOUNTAIN BIKE TRACKS IN CAIRNS/BIKE MEETS

Originally Posted by tripawaymars

Have finally got my mountain bike from the U.K and its all ready to go and I am all ready to get fit!!

I know there is the track at Smithfield but are there any other good tracks around Cairns area or within 20kms that anyone could recommend.

Also, for the locals here..there appears to be a track at the back of Kewarra Beach (Cook Highway side) starting in rainforest which says it is part of Smithfield Conservation area..does anyone know if this joins up with tracks that start near the JCU?? Seems a bit far away to do so.

Are there any good book/maps that can be bought with bike routes?

Are there any clubs in the area for regular rides?

Also looking for fellow motorbike riders for early morning weekend rides??

Guess that means no then!!!