Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any expat salesmen out in Oz?

Any expat salesmen out in Oz?

Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:53 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Any expat salesmen out in Oz?

Hiya,

Asking a question for another - are there any expat professional salesmen out there who did sales in the UK then tried the same job (or similar) in Oz?
If so - how was it? Do the techniques that worked well in the UK work in Oz too? Just curious - wondering how the Oz companies feel about hiring Brits to sell their products.
Any input?

Ta!
W.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expat salesmen out in Oz?

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hiya,

Asking a question for another - are there any expat professional salesmen out there who did sales in the UK then tried the same job (or similar) in Oz?
If so - how was it? Do the techniques that worked well in the UK work in Oz too? Just curious - wondering how the Oz companies feel about hiring Brits to sell their products.
Any input?

Ta!
W.
Hi, in reply to your question concerning sales in Oz, I am in Sydney selling high quality furniture for a national retailer, which is virtually the same as I was in UK except I worked for an independant company.
I had no problems finding a position, in fact I had 3 offers and was working within 2 weeks of arriving in Australia. All my interviews were with australians who had no problem with me being a brit.
As for the selling itself, just the same, I suppose it's the same all over the world, the asians like a good barter, its fun.
Thats it really, one tip, checkout companies on internet, pick out your favourites and give them a ring when you land here, it worked for me.

IP